Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Webby

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    I used to get lots of stuff from Usenet, back in the day. Now I just play music that I own on my stereo, or listen to this amazing invention called Radio.
    A perceptive post, but where I live, radio mostly reeks. Notice that I'm showing restraint here, and not being nasty about radio even if most of the stations are owned by corporations that play cookie cutter crap. I don't trust much of anything online anymore, certainly not torrents. I listen to a lot of NPR online, Pandora, and Amazon Prime free music. Sorry if I sound like a shill for Amazon, but doggone I like their services! Why in the heck isn't Bezos sending me a gift basket?
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Radio here sucks ballz too, wish I could get some of the hill country stations for the stuff I listen to. But good ol' Pandora keeps me happy enough. wife loves her satellite but they also fail me on the stuff I listen to. I live in Texas, I want to listen to Texas/Red Dirt country. Is that too damn much to ask?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Twin Cities are corporate owned.

That means a 12-20 song rotation. that does not make an enjoyable work day.

Pandora helps but they don't randomize enough. I don't get repeats in the same day but I do day to day and the songs are almost in the same order. I have 15 radio stations on shuffle too. then again, maybe that is the problem.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus View Post
    Radio here sucks ballz too, wish I could get some of the hill country stations for the stuff I listen to. But good ol' Pandora keeps me happy enough. wife loves her satellite but they also fail me on the stuff I listen to. I live in Texas, I want to listen to Texas/Red Dirt country. Is that too damn much to ask?
    These days the list is pretty short. I listen to Texas Rebel Radio out of Fredericksburg quite a bit, even if I think they've gotten a lot more conservative over the last 10 years or so. I was never a huge fan of Jody Denberg, until he quit his job as music director at KLBJ and they just became yet another generic station. Still, give Rebel Radio a shot. I think you will like it.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!