If you're a-buyin, I'm a-drinkin!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    If you're a-buyin, I'm a-drinkin!
    Spoken like a true Texan.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    OK, every morning I get up, take my kid to school, then guzzle coffee and read the news. My routine is pretty consistent. I read the Washington Post, Krebsonsecurity, Forbes, ZDNet, and Technet. So, what do you do for news?
    I don't. I got so frustrated with news I'd obsess over it. Honestly knowing anything beyond weather is pointless and does nothing for you, unless you have some sort of investment in something at which point monitoring local politics is important.

World is run by large money interests that manipulate everything in US, russia and china, some developed world governments are insulated somewhat and have leaders who actually care about people (Europe), or in developing nations leaders are whomever large money interests need to maximize the labor pool or the resource vacuum.

News other than that is a f*****g horror show or sh** show or celebrities. I've never paid any attention to this, it's minutia and completely worthless apart from shock value.

Oh, other than that, if I did want news, I listen to radio while driving, set to news channel for crappy driving reports that are always 3 hours late or just wrong, weather that is never accurate and truncated stories devoid of any useful info. If I want to listen to an idiot, I turn on conservative radio pretend to be news entertainment and lie to me for a good laugh. Honestly, I don't need news now. All the stories are the same for the last 30 years, and they come in cycles and it's all part of a larger pattern that shows we're all just organic robots working on tasks until we expire, while other more important robots pull the strings in the background, and some robots go insane once in a while and do terrible things, while other attention seeking robots are seen naked or make us laugh or say something that riles the other robots up.

Once I started seeing a larger picture and how everything is cyclical and there's nothing a regular joe can do these days (the days of ralph nader are dead and gone buddy). So WTF is the point in even keeping up?
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; 02-21-2015 at 07:33 AM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    ILTU, you make a really good point. I have this theory that things like politics, news, etc are just things created by a small group of people to keep the world in order. This might not make sense but let me try to explain. First, you ever notice that coincidentally around holidays everything goes on break? I mean everything! Our entertainment goes on break. Howard Stern, Jon Stewart, television shows, radio shows, etc. So then you go look at the news and there isn't really much going on. Nobody is getting beheaded, governments aren't being shutdown, etc.

Ok so then take like New Years Eve for example. Go try to watch a show. They are all reruns. Go try to listen to the radio. It's all fill-in hosts, and not much happening. But then, there is a day that is sort of the designated day when most people seem to return to work and all the things start back up. The things like radio shows, TV shows, entertainment, sports, politics, technology advancements, etc.

It all kinda stops around the same time and then it all kinda starts back up at the same time. But let's just say I'm crazy and this is all just crazy talk. But thing is, there is no terrorism happening on easter sunday. There is no Ted Cruz shutting down the government during Spring Break. There is no military campaign to bomb Syria during Mother's Day weekend. Coincidentally all this stuff seems to only happen during the various media cycles.

People in general seem to distinguish between TV shows, radio shows, cable news, sports, etc. But it's all the same freakin thing! If you were to chart the activity of all these things I bet you would see a pattern of similarity between all of them. When sports is hot so is politics and news stories and television entertainment. It's like a small percentage of powerful people keep certain things going for the masses and then every once in awhile take breaks. While these things are going, these powerful people are making money. Then they take a break and plot the next couple months. But the key here is that it's all related. The terrorists will only terrorize during high ratings periods. Politicians will only make controversial decisions during high ratings periods. Technology advancements only come up during high ratings periods. Military campaigns are only schedule during high ratings periods. You see what I'm saying here?

I dunno,.. is this just crazy talk? Or am I on to something here? Or is this just common knowledge and I'm the only one just now figuring this out? What's the deal here?
    Last edited by Webhead; 02-21-2015 at 11:22 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Webby, I think you're noticing something and trying to attribute more meaning than there is? I did say money runs the world but let me explain my opinion.

Ex: do the super rich colude with each other? Sure, why wouldn't they. But its to get on the same page about things in common or to avoid stepping on someone's toes. Its just smart business. Do they rule the world? No.

Do the rich control government? No but their money buys. Sh1tload of influence and keeps government out of, or govt money flowing into projects. Their money buys a Craplod of public influence too, esp the conservatives who have thoughts reinforced every time they want h fox or listen to radio.

Is the news controlled? Well sort of. Rupert Murdoch does shove right wing ideas or at least what the Koch's and others want heard. Is mass media all controlled?/ EH. No. Its controlled by big corporations looking to make MONEY over putting out a good product.

As for vacation, that's when all the crazy stuff seems to happen, its coincidence. You want to hear Stewart rip on it, but he's not there, so it resonates.

No one group controls the world. They just control their slices of the pie the best they can. Its all about money. Always has been, always be will be.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Plutocracy!