Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the best headphones to get?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    By the way, sorry if I sound super picky about this. Normally I always know exactly what I want when it comes to electronics. But for whatever reason I just can't get a handle on what I want for headphones. Been super wishy washy about this. Not really sure what I'm looking for exactly.
    That is because you are the only one that will hear them. Just remember to buy on your budget and what you like the sound of, not the big profit names the sales guy will try to push on you. Sales guys were always pushing stuff people don't need if the profit margin is right.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    well, no matter what anyone gives for advice if your hearing is bad, especially in certain ranges the only way to truly find what will work would be to go test them. What might work for me may not work for you. I like a low mids and thumping bass and crisp highs. If your hearing loss is in the high range what I recommend may sound muddy to you.
    That is because you are the only one that will hear them. Just remember to buy on your budget and what you like the sound of, not the big profit names the sales guy will try to push on you. Sales guys were always pushing stuff people don't need if the profit margin is right.
    Right on. Thanks for all the great advice. You seem to know a lot about headphones.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    That reminds me, I have a little Logitech BT box I use with iPhone. Now you are reminding me about how it does cut out periodically. I do like them a lot though. I would say uptime is about 98%. So those cut outs are minimal. I guess the same would be true with BT headphones?
    Bought my daughter a Beats Pill for Christmas, it's the same way. 99% of the time it's fine through Bluetooth, but you do occasionally have a blip.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I need headphones for work when I'm working on things that I need to stay undisturbed on and also to let people know to leave me alone sometimes. I visited an electrical outlet and tried on quite a few headphones until I settled on these...

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio/h...83961-pdt.html

Not expensive but very very comfortable. Sound quality is good enough for me. When wearing them for long periods they need to be comfortable above anything else.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I've mostly owned Sennheiser over the years, and have always found they deliver great sound and comfort for the money. Last year I got my younger daughter a pair of these Panasonics. Sound is pretty good, but mostly I thought she would appreciate the retro look and the color selection. The last time I bought Sony's the sound wasn't good and they were uncomfortable. Can't remember the model.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-...ing+headphones

The wife and I share them. The rule is first person in the room listens to the audio "over the air". The next person in the room plugs the headphones in to listen to their audio.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

LOL

Just go test some out.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    LOL

Just go test some out.
    I was planning to do that over the weekend but then got too busy. Hopefully go test some out soon.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I know this is super old but I wanted to chime in because I recently went to an IT event and won a pair of bose qc 20i acoustic noise canceling earbuds. I gave a lot of consideration to selling them on ebay but decided that I rarely ever get things that nice so what the hell I'd keep them.

BELIEVE the hype. these things sound GREAT and feel great. I used them while cutting the grass and the noise canceling feature made my tractor sound like an electric weed whacker! They are really comfortable and stay in place quite well. My only complaint is the noise canceling circuitry is in a bulky box type thing which is more than a bit impractical for "on the go" applications (I'd never run with them) but for work, airplanes etc....these things are amazing!