Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: What are the best headphones to get?

  1. #51
    Senior Member Webhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,829
    vCash
    500
    Points
    372,644
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    372,644
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Yup, Crutchfield still thinks I am driving a 2005 Matrix

    It looks like I viewed a 20 dollar harness that plugs in line to the back of you stereo then you add a Parrot module.
    Oh yeah, I go to Crutchfield every so often and see what happens when I enter my car in. But then I never do anything with it. lol.

  2. #52
    Senior Member Mobile PC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    493
    vCash
    501
    Points
    116,801
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    116,801
    Donate
    I've bought 2 radios from Crutchfield. Both were the Axxera brand. Boy do they blow. Am and FM reception is terrible. The kit they sell you for a custom install is terrible. There are gaps around the radios. Maybe it's just a bad brand, and not a bad dealer.

  3. #53
    Senior Member Webhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,829
    vCash
    500
    Points
    372,644
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    372,644
    Donate
    Maybe it's a good thing I haven't bought anything through there then. Growing up I always heard so much about Crutchfield as being the go-to place for electronics. Maybe that's not so true anymore.

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    717
    vCash
    0
    Points
    70,119
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    70,119
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Maybe it's a good thing I haven't bought anything through there then. Growing up I always heard so much about Crutchfield as being the go-to place for electronics. Maybe that's not so true anymore.
    I just bought some stuff from them and didn't have any problem, A pair of speaker and adapters to fit into the new van. I had best buy install them because I couldn't get the door panel off. Everything fit as described and works good.

  5. #55
    forum fool 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    541
    vCash
    0
    Points
    78,418
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    78,418
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Also, is it just me or am I within my rights to be skeptical of a product that is selling for $16.99 but "lists" for $99? I feel like there must be something I'm missing. That said, $16.99 for a pair of bluetooth headphones can't be beat. That's a steal.
    That's just the american way. Everything is "listed" way higher and then put on "sale" to make you think you're getting a deal
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

  6. #56
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,103
    vCash
    0
    Points
    235,756
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    235,756
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Maybe it's a good thing I haven't bought anything through there then. Growing up I always heard so much about Crutchfield as being the go-to place for electronics. Maybe that's not so true anymore.
    Crutchfield is fine. Axxera/Dual is an off brand made by a company that mass produces radios and puts several different brand names on them to sell for cheap at chain stores often as a store branded radio. Crutchfield is a good site, but like anything, you have to research what you are buying and realize that not all deals are deals.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

  7. #57
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,103
    vCash
    0
    Points
    235,756
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    235,756
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post

    Also, is it just me or am I within my rights to be skeptical of a product that is selling for $16.99 but "lists" for $99? I feel like there must be something I'm missing. That said, $16.99 for a pair of bluetooth headphones can't be beat. That's a steal.
    always be skeptical.

    retailers will use the trick to sell but the list price might be the MSRP which is not the retailer but the manufacturer trying to make their shit look better. They probably wholesale for around the 16.99 so the retailer will sell them to your for cost thinking you will buy some other high priced widget that they actually can make money off.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

  8. #58
    forum fool 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    541
    vCash
    0
    Points
    78,418
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    78,418
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Crutchfield is fine. Axxera/Dual is an off brand made by a company that mass produces radios and puts several different brand names on them to sell for cheap at chain stores often as a store branded radio. Crutchfield is a good site, but like anything, you have to research what you are buying and realize that not all deals are deals.
    I put a stupid little Dual mechless head unit in my old 87 Toyota pickup. It had no stereo at all in it and I just wanted something cheap so I threw it in, it's pretty cool, plays SD cards, USB drives and has an ipod/iphone dock as well behind the face. It's by no means top of the line (under $100) but works well for what I needed in a secondary driver.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

  9. #59
    Senior Member CeeBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,645
    vCash
    1792
    Points
    82,660
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    82,660
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    They probably wholesale for around the 16.99 so the retailer will sell them to your for cost thinking you will buy some other high priced widget that they actually can make money off.
    Actually this stuff sells wholesale in the $5 range.

  10. #60
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,103
    vCash
    0
    Points
    235,756
    Bank
    0
    Total Points
    235,756
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    I put a stupid little Dual mechless head unit in my old 87 Toyota pickup. It had no stereo at all in it and I just wanted something cheap so I threw it in, it's pretty cool, plays SD cards, USB drives and has an ipod/iphone dock as well behind the face. It's by no means top of the line (under $100) but works well for what I needed in a secondary driver.
    Dual, Namsung, and one other brand I can't recall used to come through the shop for installation. The only positive thing I have to say about them is they had some pretty cool ideas, such as yours, but that was about it. If anyone had a crazy idea for a gimmick or gadget to add to a radio and the the big names did not want to try it, Namsung did.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •