Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What are the best headphones to get?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Yup, Crutchfield still thinks I am driving a 2005 Matrix

It looks like I viewed a 20 dollar harness that plugs in line to the back of you stereo then you add a Parrot module.
    Oh yeah, I go to Crutchfield every so often and see what happens when I enter my car in. But then I never do anything with it. lol.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I've bought 2 radios from Crutchfield. Both were the Axxera brand. Boy do they blow. Am and FM reception is terrible. The kit they sell you for a custom install is terrible. There are gaps around the radios. Maybe it's just a bad brand, and not a bad dealer.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Maybe it's a good thing I haven't bought anything through there then. Growing up I always heard so much about Crutchfield as being the go-to place for electronics. Maybe that's not so true anymore.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Maybe it's a good thing I haven't bought anything through there then. Growing up I always heard so much about Crutchfield as being the go-to place for electronics. Maybe that's not so true anymore.
    I just bought some stuff from them and didn't have any problem, A pair of speaker and adapters to fit into the new van. I had best buy install them because I couldn't get the door panel off. Everything fit as described and works good.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Also, is it just me or am I within my rights to be skeptical of a product that is selling for $16.99 but "lists" for $99? I feel like there must be something I'm missing. That said, $16.99 for a pair of bluetooth headphones can't be beat. That's a steal.
    That's just the american way. Everything is "listed" way higher and then put on "sale" to make you think you're getting a deal
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Crutchfield is fine. Axxera/Dual is an off brand made by a company that mass produces radios and puts several different brand names on them to sell for cheap at chain stores often as a store branded radio. Crutchfield is a good site, but like anything, you have to research what you are buying and realize that not all deals are deals.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Also, is it just me or am I within my rights to be skeptical of a product that is selling for $16.99 but "lists" for $99? I feel like there must be something I'm missing. That said, $16.99 for a pair of bluetooth headphones can't be beat. That's a steal.
    always be skeptical.

retailers will use the trick to sell but the list price might be the MSRP which is not the retailer but the manufacturer trying to make their shit look better. They probably wholesale for around the 16.99 so the retailer will sell them to your for cost thinking you will buy some other high priced widget that they actually can make money off.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Crutchfield is fine. Axxera/Dual is an off brand made by a company that mass produces radios and puts several different brand names on them to sell for cheap at chain stores often as a store branded radio. Crutchfield is a good site, but like anything, you have to research what you are buying and realize that not all deals are deals.
    I put a stupid little Dual mechless head unit in my old 87 Toyota pickup. It had no stereo at all in it and I just wanted something cheap so I threw it in, it's pretty cool, plays SD cards, USB drives and has an ipod/iphone dock as well behind the face. It's by no means top of the line (under $100) but works well for what I needed in a secondary driver.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    They probably wholesale for around the 16.99 so the retailer will sell them to your for cost thinking you will buy some other high priced widget that they actually can make money off.
    Actually this stuff sells wholesale in the $5 range.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    I put a stupid little Dual mechless head unit in my old 87 Toyota pickup. It had no stereo at all in it and I just wanted something cheap so I threw it in, it's pretty cool, plays SD cards, USB drives and has an ipod/iphone dock as well behind the face. It's by no means top of the line (under $100) but works well for what I needed in a secondary driver.
    Dual, Namsung, and one other brand I can't recall used to come through the shop for installation. The only positive thing I have to say about them is they had some pretty cool ideas, such as yours, but that was about it. If anyone had a crazy idea for a gimmick or gadget to add to a radio and the the big names did not want to try it, Namsung did.