Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone code in Python?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Anyone code in Python?

Gonna take on a personal project.

The kid is learning it in High School so I am going to pick his brain.

So far from what I have seen, there is an awful lot of coding to do stupid stuff like make frames. Are there shortcuts? Programs that will help write what I need to do?

TIA

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Isn't it out-dated? Just asking. I'm not a code guy.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    The avatar is just too, funny. Somehow, I don't ever remember confuse-ed as having a sense of humor.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Gonna take on a personal project.

The kid is learning it in High School so I am going to pick his brain.

So far from what I have seen, there is an awful lot of coding to do stupid stuff like make frames. Are there shortcuts? Programs that will help write what I need to do?

TIA

I do not, but my BIL just told me to learn as it is what all his engineer buddys use to code for automated stuff with their servers/routers, etc. He's a major code monkey, knows his stuff.

If you find anything cool and easy to learn from, please post here! I will do the same if I ever have time for this.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    So far, I have learned that Python is used way more than people think.

It might be worth my time to learn it, if I can find the time...which seems to be missing lately.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yeah I posted about Python and it's relationship to tech jobs earlier this year: http://www.formatandreload.com/forum...ghlight=python

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Yeah I posted about Python and it's relationship to tech jobs earlier this year: http://www.formatandreload.com/forum...ghlight=python
    I knew it was mentioned around here somewhere before.

I have not really looked at the programming yet but I have a lot of time off around this time of the year so I will dig into it.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    It seems like it's highly desirable among potential employers. I think you would need to be somewhat good with this if you worked at a large company where a lot of things are automated.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I looked out of curiosity to some Python tutorials. Doesn't seem difficult at all. However it seems to be intended as an "easy good-for-all language", which almost never works. Code maintainability may become an issue and personally I see the lack of strong typing as a huge disadvantage. But on the bright side there is a plugin for Visual Studio... that may make development much, much easier...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Now you guys got me thinking. After this semester, I have to wait until Spring to take my next math class. In the meantime, I have to register for something in the Winter semester to keep my enrollment going. They offer a Python class. But it's all online and Winter semester is only like 7-8 weeks. So it would be an accelerated course. I'm better at taking my time to learn stuff -- and especially something like this I would do better with an in-class situation. But still...

Anyway, now I'm debating whether or not to take it easy and just sign up for a .5 unit counseling class and take a break and get some rest for a change or keep running hard and take this Python course. Damn. Do I really want to take a 4 unit Winter course after this hellish Fall semester? But then again, it would be nice to finally learn a programming language. Hmm.... decisions decisions.