Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What are the best headphones to get?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I definitely need to get something though. Summer is coming up and I'm planning on getting back into a routine of running/hiking. So definitely need to get something soon.

On another note,.... does anyone know of a way to add bluetooth to a factory stereo? My Matrix of course has the factory stereo that has CD/FM/AM and that's about it. I always wish I could send the crap on my phone and play it through the car speakers. I could buy a new deck that has the stuff built-in and I've seen some adapters and things,.... and FM transmitters don't work well around here because there's so much traffic and way too many radio stations hogging up all the airwaves. I'll probably just have to get a new deck but I was wondering if anyone knew of a magic device that could make this happen. Like maybe something I can pop the deck out and plug something into the back of it.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post

Also, is it just me or am I within my rights to be skeptical of a product that is selling for $16.99 but "lists" for $99? I feel like there must be something I'm missing. That said, $16.99 for a pair of bluetooth headphones can't be beat. That's a steal.
    I don't know about all that "list price BS" but I can tell you they do work and work well.

I'm generally not a fan of the behind the ear thing either but I need something that's going to stay put while I'm running. that's the only style that seems to for me.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I definitely need to get something though. Summer is coming up and I'm planning on getting back into a routine of running/hiking. So definitely need to get something soon.

On another note,.... does anyone know of a way to add bluetooth to a factory stereo? My Matrix of course has the factory stereo that has CD/FM/AM and that's about it. I always wish I could send the crap on my phone and play it through the car speakers. I could buy a new deck that has the stuff built-in and I've seen some adapters and things,.... and FM transmitters don't work well around here because there's so much traffic and way too many radio stations hogging up all the airwaves. I'll probably just have to get a new deck but I was wondering if anyone knew of a magic device that could make this happen. Like maybe something I can pop the deck out and plug something into the back of it.
    you could get an FM mod installed (the kind you flip a switch on and it actually shuts off the radio antenna) but that's probably not a ton cheaper than getting a new deck. We had one in our old car and it was $150 to install. A new radio would have been $600 for us though because of all the steering wheel controls and other adapter crap.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    I don't know about all that "list price BS" but I can tell you they do work and work well.

I'm generally not a fan of the behind the ear thing either but I need something that's going to stay put while I'm running. that's the only style that seems to for me.
    Maybe I need several headphones -- different ones for different purposes. Because I agree,... these seem like they'd be great for running. Maybe I'll get them and just try them out.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    you could get an FM mod installed (the kind you flip a switch on and it actually shuts off the radio antenna) but that's probably not a ton cheaper than getting a new deck. We had one in our old car and it was $150 to install. A new radio would have been $600 for us though because of all the steering wheel controls and other adapter crap.
    I have this paranoia because everytime I've ever had a new deck installed my car gets broken into shortly after. So when I bought this car I vowed to keep everything "stock". No stickers, no tint, no mods of any kind. But I think the only way around this bluetooth issue is to get a new deck. The other methods end up costing just as much (if not more) and are far more hassle. I wish there was some kind of magical invention that would just make it work easily for not too much money or setup time. Somebody needs to invent something and kickstarter it.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    There are bluetooth to fm transmitters...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Now I KNOW we had this conversation before. LOL! Pre hack of course. I will have to think if I remember what I suggested.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yup, Crutchfield still thinks I am driving a 2005 Matrix

It looks like I viewed a 20 dollar harness that plugs in line to the back of you stereo then you add a Parrot module.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Now I KNOW we had this conversation before. LOL! Pre hack of course. I will have to think if I remember what I suggested.
    We did? This thread is the only one I remember. You gave some good advice earlier in the thread actually. I just would need to go back and reread through everything. But the way I see it is that I'm open to discussion on this until that really awesome thing pops out. There's going to be this post where someone goes, "Have you tried this thing?" And I'm going to click on it and say, "SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY NOW! NEED!" Waiting for that moment to happen.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Crutchfield.com
    All the car stereo answers, all the time....