Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Apple Pay: Bridging Online and Big Box Fraud

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    So let me get this straight. Apple provides the strong links in the chain and the banks provide the weak links but yet somehow the security vulnerabilities are still Apple's fault? Seems to me you have it backward. It's the people who hate Apple who let the critical thinking fly out the window. I know people like that.
    It would be refreshing if you would stop distorting my comments whenever I say anything critical of Apple. Maybe you should re-read some of my earlier posts on this thread. What I've consistently said is that I think banks are mostly responsible for shortcomings in Apple Pay security. But I don't hold Apple blameless. As I see it, they initially made no effort to work with their partners to ensure that Apple Pay was implemented in a secure manner. I view that as a failure to exercise due diligence on Apple's part.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    It would be refreshing if you would stop distorting my comments whenever I say anything critical of Apple. Maybe you should re-read some of my earlier posts on this thread. What I've consistently said is that I think banks are mostly responsible for shortcomings in Apple Pay security. But I don't hold Apple blameless. As I see it, they initially made no effort to work with their partners to ensure that Apple Pay was implemented in a secure manner. I view that as a failure to exercise due diligence on Apple's part.
    ^This.

I think Apple jumped the gun on this, and whoever developed the app should have made it where neither Apple or the bank would allow the addition of a card number until all standards have been met by the user. They further should have agreed on those standards before allowing use of the app. Neither the banks nor Apple can be found blameless on this one.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Refreshing but not something that is ever going to happen.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emr View Post
    I think you're correct, but at least this thread has not turned into a string of "everyone hates me" posts from Webby, so that's a positive note.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I think you're correct, but at least this thread has not turned into a string of "everyone hates me" posts from Webby, so that's a positive note.
    Give it time my friend.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Oh ok. That's a fair statement. Anyway, it's being worked on.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emr View Post
    Yeah, well,... welcome to the Internet.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    LOL. Well I'm seeing a psychologist now and in weekly anxiety/depression classes. Also, have a pretty busy life these days between work/school. So hate to burst everyones bubbles but my personal growth mission doesn't have time for any of that.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    LOL. Well I'm seeing a psychologist now and in weekly anxiety/depression classes. Also, have a pretty busy life these days between work/school. So hate to burst everyones bubbles but my personal growth mission doesn't have time for any of that.
    Whatever #spidermansucksworsethanmotleycruebutnotbymuch
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Whatever #spidermansucksworsethanmotleycruebutnotbymuch
    Yeah, probably so. :bananaman: