Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Apple Pay: Bridging Online and Big Box Fraud

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    So apple releases a product that make it easier to steal your money and it's the banks fault ?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I mean how hard would it have been to make it work with the finger print scanner ?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Not hating Apple as much as not understanding what is so difficult with a debit card that is chipped and needs a pin. why the fuck would I want to use one of the most stolen hand held devices to hold my personal information?
    That's a good point. I have some thoughts on this. For several years now I keep wondering why I have to carry a phone AND a wallet everywhere I go. My payment information is all digital anyway so why do I need to carry these plastic cards with me? They can fall out of my wallet or be seen by others while standing in line. They are just a hassle and you always have to guard them. On the other hand, I have this electronic device with a Touch ID sensor that so far has been proven unbreakable. So why can't all my payment info be stored on this device? I keep wondering why we couldn't do that. Then Apple released Apple Pay and evidently I wasn't the only one thinking that. Many people were thinking that too. As for device theft,... it doesn't matter. My phone is useless to someone else without my fingerprint. I would just love to get rid of my wallet. It has 3 things in it. Drivers license, credit cards and a $20 bill I carry around. And that's it. I can dump the $20 bill and put the rest in my phone and throw away the wallet. That would be so nice. Heck, someday we could probably do the same thing with our keys.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    So apple releases a product that make it easier to steal your money and it's the banks fault ?
    Yes. Are you familiar with what the security vulnerability is? It's that when people enter their cards into Apple Pay (or any wallet system for that matter), the banks aren't doing enough to verify the user. But now they are. Apple Pay and Touch ID so far have been proven very secure.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    OMG, you have to carry a wallet and a phone?
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I keep wondering why I have to carry a phone AND a wallet everywhere I go.
    Because you have to carry a drivers license, an insurance card and some cash anyway? Does your drug dealer take traceable electronic payments?
    I have this electronic device with a Touch ID sensor that so far has been proven unbreakable.
    http://www.cnet.com/news/apples-touc...earcher-finds/
    As for device theft,... it doesn't matter. My phone is useless to someone else without my fingerprint.
    Your phone is a massive collection of your fingerprints.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Because you have to carry a drivers license, an insurance card and some cash anyway? Does your drug dealer take traceable electronic payments?

http://www.cnet.com/news/apples-touc...earcher-finds/

Your phone is a massive collection of your fingerprints.
    That article has two points. First, that it's nothing to worry about yet (whew!) And second, it warns of what *could* happen (FUD). Then goes on to explain how the fingerprint reader is easily fooled. What it doesn't tell you is that the process for "easily fooling" the fingerprint reader takes a significant amount of time and by the time someone "easily fooled" it, the device would long have been remotely bricked by the owner of the phone. Also,... Apple Pay payments are traceable? How?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    OMG, you have to carry a wallet and a phone?
    Yeah. I don't want to carry a wallet.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yeah. I don't want to carry a wallet.

Bwahahaha! One of my favorites.

"You are sitting on a slant"
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    the device would long have been remotely bricked by the owner of the phone.
    Not if the thief takes the phone apart first and unplugs the antenna from the board. Takes what, 2 minutes?
    Also,... Apple Pay payments are traceable? How?
    ALL electronic payments are traceable. Money goes from bank to recipient, initiated by client.