Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Elder Child Joined the Navy

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    In case you haven't already checked it out, you might want to visit https://www.navytimes.com/

Back when I was in the Navy, it was weekly rag that usually has stories from the vantage point of the enlisted sailor. The website gets updated a lot more often. Lots of neat stuff and pics, etc.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    In case you haven't already checked it out, you might want to visit https://www.navytimes.com/

Back when I was in the Navy, it was weekly rag that usually has stories from the vantage point of the enlisted sailor. The website gets updated a lot more often. Lots of neat stuff and pics, etc.
    Thanks for the link! Since Elder Child played in Middle School band, High School Band, marching band, and Color Guard, while she was in Basic, she performed in every graduation ceremony.

Even though she's a spook, anytime the Navy needs a pretty face to stand in a public formation such as the recent burial service for the two brothers who served on the U.S.S. Arizona or a promotional video, chances are good you've seen EC. Time permitting, I'll see if I can't find an image or a couple of links, and I will PM them to you.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Congratulations! My niece recently went to college in another state. Her parents panic and mourning, because their baby will soon not live with them. I am glad that my son is still too small for college and will be with me for another 15 years.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I like that idea of EC making 6 figures after the Navy. A close friend of mine has a son who got out of the Army about a year ago. He got serious IT and weapons training in the space of three years. Upon his Discharge, he got a job in a county cybercrimes prevention in the Sheriff's Department, and it wasn't very long before he got hired away by a MUCH more lucrative offer, and still lives in the same house. I can see it happening to EC. Who knows, the Ferrari may be on the table after all!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    When I got out of the Navy way back when, I literally tripled my salary the very first year out in civilian life. Sometimes, I wish I would have stayed in the reserves just for the bennies but I wanted a clean break from the government. Like I've said many times, joining the Navy was probably the best thing I've ever done. And getting OUT of the Navy was probably the second best thing I've ever done.