Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft to steal Android from Google?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Microsoft to steal Android from Google?

link: https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/microso...180750263.html

Has anyone else been hearing about this? The short version is that CyanogenMod is an open-source version of Android made by Cyanogen Inc. I always hear about how great this CyanogenMod is and how it's very popular. Well now it seems that Microsoft is kinda interested in buying it. Further, the founder of Cyanogen is interested in possibly selling because he doesn't like what Google has been doing with Android. So it's possible that this deal could get done and then Microsoft could potentially outsell everyone in smartphones. That would be insanity! LOL. Gonna have to keep my eye open on this story....

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    The short version is that CyanogenMod is an open-source version of Android made by Cyanogen Inc. I always hear about how great this CyanogenMod is and how it's very popular. Well now it seems that Microsoft is kinda interested in buying it.
    You definitely need to refine your reading skills.
    Cyanogenmod is based on the Android OS made by Google (which is open-source). Newer versions are obviously created when Google creates new versions of the OS. Microsoft can't possibly "buy" it unless it buys Google.
    Further read: http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/micr...12-1-nightlies
    I'm using CM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Cyanogenmod is based on the Android OS made by Google (which is open-source). Newer versions are obviously created when Google creates new versions of the OS. Microsoft can't possibly "buy" it unless it buys Google.
    I'm using CM.
    On top of that, MS is moving to make more of their products open source. In fact, I think that if Microsoft were to make Windows open source, it would continue to be the dominant OS for many years. Anyway, open source software is clearly becoming a major player in the industry. Apple is really the only large hardware/software company that doesn't get it.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    I'm using CM.
    Do you ever consider replying politely to someone? Or is being rude just how you do everything?

You're just so predictable. Last night I came across this article. At first I thought, "This would be cool to post over at FaR. Oh wait, never mind. I'm sure that whatever I post will just be picked apart and mutilated." And then I thought, "F*ck it. I'll just post it and let's see what happens". And sure enough, there's CeeBee right on schedule to tell me I'm wrong and that I need to refine something and blah blah. Like who gives a shit? The point I was trying to make was about Microsoft buying the software and the irony that they might take over the whole thing. It's just a thought. Not about being right or wrong. Just an idea. Just for fun.

This is what I'm talking about though. This is why it's endless bickering and squabbling here. It just sucks all the life out of everything. Can't ever just have a light, fun conversation. It always has to be this heavy, nitpicky, shithead talk.
    Last edited by Webhead; 04-17-2015 at 04:24 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    It's no wonder there's nobody left posting here anymore. Who in their right mind would want to be around this all the time? Heck, back in the old days when I first came to WD, the thing that drew me in was all the humor and jokes. Now I guess I just stay here out of tradition because I'll be damned if this place gives me any joy -- that's for sure.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Do you ever consider replying politely to someone? Or is being rude just how you do everything?
    That was me being polite. You don't want me to be rude, trust me.
    And really, it shows you don't understand what CM is, it makes you look really dumb for just writing your own interpretation of an exaggerated blog without bothering to look into it. Do you realize how idiotic the title sounds? Figure someone writing "Microsoft stealing macos from Apple by buying hackintosh".

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I don't have much to add to this except that the words "goddammit google" were not in my lexicon until I bought an android. Nothing wrong with the android per se, but when it started uploading all my photos by default to google photos and my google plus account, I was fairly POed. That is just bone stupid and I had to use a PC to stop sharing them I believe.

Also, not having control over what programs may access which features (like camera and mic control, etc) is frustrating. I have not rooted it yet, might, dunno.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    It's no wonder there's nobody left posting here anymore. Who in their right mind would want to be around this all the time? Heck, back in the old days when I first came to WD, the thing that drew me in was all the humor and jokes. Now I guess I just stay here out of tradition because I'll be damned if this place gives me any joy -- that's for sure.
    I don't think CeeBee was rude; he just disagreed with you. If you think this forum is uptight, you must not get out much. This is one of the last forums that doesn't have a broom handle up the ass.

You want humor? OK. It's the annual Texas/OU game and two guys go into the bathroom to take a whiz. The first guy to finish zips up and starts to leave, when the guy still at the urinal says, "You must be a Texan. In Oklahoma, we wash our hands after we piss." The other guy says, "In Texas, we don't piss on our hands." Happy now?
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    I don't think CeeBee was rude; he just disagreed with you. If you think this forum is uptight, you must not get out much. This is one of the last forums that doesn't have a broom handle up the ass.

You want humor? OK. It's the annual Texas/OU game and two guys go into the bathroom to take a whiz. The first guy to finish zips up and starts to leave, when the guy still at the urinal says, "You must be a Texan. In Oklahoma, we wash our hands after we piss." The other guy says, "In Texas, we don't piss on our hands." Happy now?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    And your world would be much brighter if you took your head out of your ass.
    WIFFLEBALL!