Thread: New Car

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Eco Boosts Love high Octane - @ 93 Octane I run 1/8 Mile and run a 9.75 in a 2L Ecoboost escape. with 87 it's a 10.20.

May I recommend

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    Eco Boosts Love high Octane - @ 93 Octane I run 1/8 Mile and run a 9.75 in a 2L Ecoboost escape. with 87 it's a 10.20.

May I recommend

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/

Dragway 42 is probably my favorite track, I went there 6 or 7 times this year.

Not my daily driver as of June, I'm driving 70-140 miles a day for work so I picked up a 97 Honda accord for a little over 2 grand. I figure I can sell it for about as much as I paid once we are forced into company vans next year. Taurus mostly sits in garage except for the weekends.

I started out with Livernois, ran their tune for 70K miles on last car. This car their tune gave me problems so I ended up using Gearhead. They are based out of Texas and the owner drives a SHO and has run it on his own dyno over 500 times making it perfect and developing aftermarket products for the car. This spring he put out the first commercially available intercooler that is actually proven to work. I can run the same time on a 90 degree day that I was running on a 50 degree day with his intercooler.

Livernois held the world record for these cars for the last 4 years @11.55, but with more aftermarket stuff finally hitting the market end of last year and beginning of this year, and three different people beat the record this year. Current record now stands at 11.08 and a handful of guys are aiming for 10's next year. My plan is to pretty much leave my car where it's at and focus on consistency next year and trying to win some bracket races. Right before the record was broken, the record holder's car was supposed to be one of the featured display vehicles at Ford Nationals, he took it to Livernois to have a few upgrades done a month or so before nationals and they blew up his engine on their dyno. He ended up having to pull his car from being displayed and was pretty pissed off. Livernois is pretty much looked at as a joke in the Taurus world and has been for the last 2-3 years. That was just the icing on the cake. Their prices have always been insane too. Pretty much all the ones that start out good end up that way.