Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: New Car

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    My nephew raced at Thompson last Saturday. Asked me to be part of the pit crew, pass out beers and laugh at people, so I agreed. The whole night, it was watching people wanting to fight other people, over losing a race, Are all people racing cars, like 12 year old boys? I don't remember this kind of behavior when I raced.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile PC View Post
    My nephew raced at Thompson last Saturday. Asked me to be part of the pit crew, pass out beers and laugh at people, so I agreed. The whole night, it was watching people wanting to fight other people, over losing a race, Are all people racing cars, like 12 year old boys? I don't remember this kind of behavior when I raced.
    Its racing in general. I went to some snowmobile drags and 2 guys I know there got into a fist fight for cheating...they both cheated but one guy had "more" cheats so that was the reason they had to throw hands. Dumbest thing I ever was witness too. I just left.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile PC View Post
    Sounds like a no prep race. Yes those are full of that kind of BS just like they see on the tv show street outlaws. Monkey see monkey do.

I went to Thompson once this summer for a test and tune and low money race. It's a pretty back woods hillbilly type race track compared to what I normally go to. There was a shooting at dragway 42 this year during an import faceoff, but again that was not the normal racer crowd.

Most of my experiences at the track have been that people are as nice as you can be. Someone needs a tool or some type of assistance they announce it over the loudspeaker and within 10 minutes someone volunteers to help the person out.

I started videoing all my races a year or so ago. Subscribe to it and help me get rich off youtube. I think I have a run or two from Thompson somewhere in the mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhDIfPyEudU