Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
Hey Imarolan, just out of curiosity, what is the MPG on that bad boy?
I've averaged 22.3 over 4500 miles, most of my driving is on freeways going 65mph and the onboard mpg calculator seems to be accurate to the tenth of a mile, the furthest off it's been has been half a mpg. I have yet to do a long road trip in it, but if I keep it at 65 mph I can get a touch over 27 mpg.

My previous car wasa a cadillac sts. I never got stuck in it, but there is hill with an S turn to get out of my apartment complex that never gets salted or plowed, and a long hill to get on the freewy that is always backed up in the morning. Every time I'd come to a stop I'd be panicked about whether I'd be able to get it moving again. When you regulary have meetings to get to at specific times, worrying about whether your car will get you there becomes old real fast. I also had a scare on the freeway driving home from Pittsburgh over Thanksgiving. Was going 60 mph, steady as she goes, was not accelerating, decelerating or swerving at all. Out of nowhere, the car fishtails almost 90 degrees and after it goin back and forth 5 or 6 times I finally got control of it again. If someone else told me that happened to them, I wouldn't believe it, but I swear I was not doing anything but going in a straight line. The SHO is a f**king tank in the snow!

Semper, I wouldn't care what you were driving or whether I thought you'd smoke me or not, any opportunity to put the hammer down is a good day in my book. I've never timed it, but supposedly it will get to 60 in just over 5 seconds. It feels somewhat violent when you mash the pedal down.

It was me that drove up to the anus of america to buy a 1983 Datsun 280 zx. That was the scariest day of my life. I kept that car til obama was elected, then bought a Mazda rx8. I kept the 280 for about two years after that but never drove it, then finally sold it about two years ago. My days of having more than one car are behind me now.