That was my second 280ZX, it was a failed attempt at capturing some nostalgia. My first one I had for a couple years and drove the crap out of it. It was a manual, the 2nd one that I got in Detroit was an auto, so it wasn't nearly as much fun to drive. Your stories sound a bit more scary than what I went thru up there, but I do very vividly remember that as I was broken down in a church parking lot in a not very nice part of town, a kid that was no more than 7 or 8 was walking down the street eyeing me up, and said "you best not leave that car there mister".

The RX8 was a fun car, it felt like it was on rails any time you went around a corner. It was also a lot roomier than you would think for packing it full of stuff when necessary. The suicide doors in the back made it easy to get some big stuff in the back. The mileage was shit tho, and it took premium gas to add salt to the wound, and tires were ridiculously expensive and only seemed to last 20K miles, but it was definitely a fun car and not too shabby looking either.