Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New Car

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Well 15 months later I'm at 129K miles, still no mechanical issues as of yet. I've tracked every drop of gas since I bought it and every mile driven, I'm averaging 22.9 miles per gallon. Winter dropped it a good bit since it has remote start and I hate being cold. A couple months ago I spent 70 bucks on a sensor that allows the tuner to raise the boost a little bit over the stock sensor, it's now at about 4.3 seconds 0-60 and it definitely holds you in the seat a little more when accelerating hard.

Did a little more plasti dipping last weekend, I've wanted to black out all the chrome around the windows since I got the car, but it looked a bit trickier than doing the wheels or light trim. I finally said to heck with it and did it. Didn't turn out perfect, but it's good enough for now. Been wrestling around with putting an aftermarket exhaust on it to try to get a little closer to 4 seconds on the 0-60, but so far the cheapskate side of me is winning out. It's only a matter of time before I need to replace either the transmission or the turbos, neither of those will be cheap so I'm trying to save my money for that but it's sooooooo hard.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I like it, a lot.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Any speeding tickets yet?
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
    I like it, a lot.
    It does look great, but I'm thinking that the wheels would actually look better in glossy black instead of the flat finish. As is, I think they look a bit mismatched to the rest of the car.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    It does look great, but I'm thinking that the wheels would actually look better in glossy black instead of the flat finish. As is, I think they look a bit mismatched to the rest of the car.
    Sure, but how many miles til they are flat due to dust, grime, brake dust, etc?
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post
    Sure, but how many miles til they are flat due to dust, grime, brake dust, etc?
    True but he obviously loves the car. Washing it daily is not too much to ask.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    Any speeding tickets yet?
    It's been very close to 10 years since I had my last one, and that was on a motorcycle. I did get pulled over in alabama a few years ago for not having a seatbelt on. That's a primary offense in every state south of here. I don't usually drive more than 10 mph over speed limit, I just like to get up to speed fast.

The wheels are flat black because that was the only color available locally when I did them last year. They have a glossifier that you spray on afterwards that is supposed to make them glossy. I'm going to try that this year and see how it looks. I'm planning on removing what's on them as soon as I have to replace the tires, that should be within the next few months. I would definitely prefer them to be glossy, but I like the flat black a whole lot more than I liked the factory chrome.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by imarolan12 View Post
    It's been very close to 10 years since I had my last one, and that was on a motorcycle. I did get pulled over in alabama a few years ago for not having a seatbelt on. That's a primary offense in every state south of here. I don't usually drive more than 10 mph over speed limit, I just like to get up to speed fast.

The wheels are flat black because that was the only color available locally when I did them last year. They have a glossifier that you spray on afterwards that is supposed to make them glossy. I'm going to try that this year and see how it looks. I'm planning on removing what's on them as soon as I have to replace the tires, that should be within the next few months. I would definitely prefer them to be glossy, but I like the flat black a whole lot more than I liked the factory chrome.
    It's a primary offense in PA now as well too. And I agree on the flat black looking better than the chrome. I'm not usually a fan of blacking out the rims but on that car it just looks right.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    It's a primary offense in PA now as well too. And I agree on the flat black looking better than the chrome. I'm not usually a fan of blacking out the rims but on that car it just looks right.
    Ya any time I look at older pictures with the chrome wheels I just cringe. I've thought about having them powder coated, but the logistics of it are just too much. Wish I had a spare set of wheels/tires so I could do it, but the total cost just isn't worth it to me. Hopefully the gloss finisher works, cuz I would really like them to be shiny like the rest of the car. If not I'll be sticking with the flat black. Maybe I'll even go crazy and do the entire car in flat black so everything matches. LOL!

I searched after getting my seat belt ticket and was surprised at how many states it was a primary offense in. Ohio seems to be one of the last hold outs. It's crazy that they can pull you over for driving responsibly without a seatbelt, but you can sit there and be texting or talking on your phone or applying makeup while driving, and that's totally fine.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by imarolan12 View Post
    It's crazy that they can pull you over for driving responsibly without a seatbelt, but you can sit there and be texting or talking on your phone or applying makeup while driving, and that's totally fine.
    Even more crazy that I can ride a motorcycle without a helmet, but can't drive a car without a seatbelt.........