Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Car

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    Even more crazy that I can ride a motorcycle without a helmet, but can't drive a car without a seatbelt.........
    Failure to use a seatbelt has been a primary offense in Texas for a long time. Once, many years ago, I was taking my mother shopping in Amarillo. She had this ancient Buick that had separate lap and shoulder belts. To say that the shoulder belt was a huge pain in the ass to use would be massive understatement. No inertia reels back in the day.

Anyway, a DPS trooper pulled me over for speeding, and he was prepared to also write me up for a seatbelt violation. After I showed him the belt system, he settled for just writing the speeding ticket (which was a lot less than the seatbelt fine) but he did insist that I put the shoulder belt on before I drove away.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    Even more crazy that I can ride a motorcycle without a helmet, but can't drive a car without a seatbelt.........
    Same here in Ohio. Did they change that law in PA? I could have sworn when I lived there it was mandatory to wear a helmet.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by imarolan12 View Post
    Same here in Ohio. Did they change that law in PA? I could have sworn when I lived there it was mandatory to wear a helmet.
    I've had a couple of friends pretty messed up in motorcycle accidents, but they mostly suffered broken legs, pelvises, crushed ankles and the like. My only accident on a motorcycle involved going off a trail into a mesquite tree and getting a little cut up, but not anything worse. I still quit riding after that.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    nope. still can ride without a helmet.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    They changed it around 2003 I believe. Before that helmets were mandatory.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    I've had a couple of friends pretty messed up in motorcycle accidents, but they mostly suffered broken legs, pelvises, crushed ankles and the like. My only accident on a motorcycle involved going off a trail into a mesquite tree and getting a little cut up, but not anything worse. I still quit riding after that.
    I knew a guy that was going about 20 mph a few years back and hit a curb. He wasn't wearing a helmet, hit his head on the pavement and died. That didn't stop me from riding (I always wear a helmet whether required or not), but what got me to quit was an a$$wipe on a crotch rocket. I was going about 35 mph and he flew by me in my lane, right between me and the guard rail. He was probably going 75. The passing lane was completely free of traffic, so it was 100% douchebag move and unnecessary. If I would have swerved or moved at all, he probably would have taken my let off or worse. He stopped about a quarter mile up the road at a gas station, and as luck would have it there was a police officer across the street from him. I took the cop over to the gas station and wasted the next 30 minutes of the a hole crotch rocket guy's time, but the cop said since he didn't see it, he couldn't do anything unless I went downtown and filed some kind of complaint. I still have my bike, but it hasn't moved from the garage since that day. Unless I move way outside of the city I probably won't ever ride again. The amount I have to lose just because other people are morons just isn't worth it to me anymore.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I knew a guy that was going about 20 mph a few years back and hit a curb. He wasn't wearing a helmet, hit his head on the pavement and died. That didn't stop me from riding (I always wear a helmet whether required or not), but what got me to quit was an a$$wipe on a crotch rocket. I was going about 35 mph and he flew by me in my lane, right between me and the guard rail. He was probably going 75. The passing lane was completely free of traffic, so it was 100% douchebag move and unnecessary. If I would have swerved or moved at all, he probably would have taken my let off or worse. He stopped about a quarter mile up the road at a gas station, and as luck would have it there was a police officer across the street from him. I took the cop over to the gas station and wasted the next 30 minutes of the a hole crotch rocket guy's time, but the cop said since he didn't see it, he couldn't do anything unless I went downtown and filed some kind of complaint. I still have my bike, but it hasn't moved from the garage since that day. Unless I move way outside of the city I probably won't ever ride again. The amount I have to lose just because other people are morons just isn't worth it to me anymore.

But do chicks still dig wheelies?
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Chicks always dig wheelies and always will.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Has anyone ever fallen off of a car they were driving ?????

NO and that's the reason I don't drive motorcycles anymore.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    Has anyone ever fallen off of a car they were driving ?????

NO and that's the reason I don't drive motorcycles anymore.
    Well, one time when I was about 16 and really drunk, I fell out of the back of a Ford Ranchero I was riding in.
    WIFFLEBALL!