Thread: New Car

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    VW makes nice vehicles; as long as you don't get a diesel!
    We actually had a conversation with the sales guy about how the diesel debacle affects them. They have a whole bunch of cars they can't sell because they are diesel. No one's buying diesels, especially from VW now.

Yep, gotta get the windows tinted and I have to order a sun shade for the windshield. There's a place I order from that make them to fit your car - you give them the year and model. The shade fits your windshield exactly, it's reflective on the outside and black on the inside. Makes a big difference here in sunny California.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Ya we up in Canada have a thing to stop the car from getting too hot when you park it.

It's called Snow

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post
    We actually had a conversation with the sales guy about how the diesel debacle affects them. They have a whole bunch of cars they can't sell because they are diesel. No one's buying diesels, especially from VW now.

Yep, gotta get the windows tinted and I have to order a sun shade for the windshield. There's a place I order from that make them to fit your car - you give them the year and model. The shade fits your windshield exactly, it's reflective on the outside and black on the inside. Makes a big difference here in sunny California.
    Diesels are a way underrated value, and VW's in particular. Low maintenance, strong, robust engines. Excellent performance. If you buy a vehicle as a long term investment, resale is not much of an issue compared to operating expenses.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    That's a nice looking ride. It will look even better with tinted windows!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Diesel engines literally stink up the joint and are dirty. Have you ever seen the area around the diesel fuel pumps? Nasty! Plus, the fuel typically costs a good bit more than unleaded.

Just my observations...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Diesel engines literally stink up the joint and are dirty. Have you ever seen the area around the diesel fuel pumps? Nasty! Plus, the fuel typically costs a good bit more than unleaded.

Just my observations...
    A little cheaper per Liter here

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Just my observations...
    Meh, that's not so true with small Diesels today. They don't stink, they aren't nasty, and they all have excellent performance with very low maintenance costs.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Meh, that's not so true with small Diesels today. They don't stink, they aren't nasty, and they all have excellent performance with very low maintenance costs.
    The problem is that the people in California who bought them with the intention of lowering their emissions were duped. I really want to get an electric car, but the range is an issue. A hybrid doesn't get me off petroleum products. The bill of goods VW sold the public on their diesels having lower emissions didn't just bite them in the butt, a lot of people were disappointed that their "lower emissions vehicle" was just a lie.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post
    I really want to get an electric car, but the range is an issue. A hybrid doesn't get me off petroleum products.
    Remember electric is ultimately powered mostly by fossil fuel (1/3 coal, 1/3 natural gas). Better start petitioning your representatives to push for nuclear or you will never be entirely off fossil fuel.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Remember electric is ultimately powered mostly by fossil fuel (1/3 coal, 1/3 natural gas). Better start petitioning your representatives to push for nuclear or you will never be entirely off fossil fuel.
    No, I have solar panels on my roof, it will be powered for free by the sun.

There's not a lot of coal here in California. There aren't any coal mines, it would have to be brought in by rail or truck. And that wind farm about 25 miles away in Rio Vista I'm sure provides a lot of the power for my area. So while your statement may be true for some areas of the nation, it's not true everywhere.

I am Green-Eyed.