Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: New Car

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Nuke power is good. Just look at the huge ships trolling the oceans NOT burning fuel but able to go 10 years without refueling. Bitch about the nuke industry if you want but the product itself is so powerful and if done right, is clean too.
    Yeah, don't take shortcuts building plants or put them on fault lines around the ring of fire and they should be fine.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Yeah, nuclear power is a scam all it's own. The nuclear industry has hidden subsidies, hidden deficiencies in design and construction. Then there are the costs to decommission the plant.
    Total BS, look at levelized costs which include everything from beginning to full decommission and all regulatory expenses and it's still the cheapest way to mass-produce electricity without emissions. Nuke power plants set aside decommissioning money during operation, so those costs are already paid for.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Even at 100% efficiency with the most advanced solar cell you won't squeeze more than 100W/sqft at peak hours... Because that's all you get from the sun.
    See, all the green wet dreams of the envitonuts ultimately get destroyed by the harsh reality
    At 100% efficiency, a solar cell would make on average 1KW per Sq Meter or 92watts per Sq F. You also wouldn't be able to see it (it wouldn't reflect any light) and it would be vert cold (all energy (Including heat) is converted to electricity)
    Last edited by Overdrv; 04-28-2017 at 03:05 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    At 100% efficiency, a solar cell would make on average 1KW per Sq Meter or 92watts per Sq F. You also wouldn't be able to see it (it wouldn't reflect any light) and it would be vert cold (all energy (Including heat) is converted to electricity)
    My point exactly... 92W/sqft (maximum in ideal conditions) is simply NOT ENOUGH.
    A small panel will NEVER fully charge a car, even if through some miracle you'd reach 100% efficiency.
    Even the wimpy Chevy Volt has a 18kWh battery. For the middle of US you have a low of below 4kWh/m^2/day energy in winter, in ideal conditions (panel adjusted for month). That means at least 50sqft of ideal panels from sunrise to sunset, perfectly adjusted for the season. And no clouds.
    Last edited by CeeBee; 04-28-2017 at 04:47 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    backside2.jpg

Tinted the brake lights a month or two back. Just turned 154K miles today. I did replace both of the upstream O2 sensors a few weeks back, they were flatlining at wide open throttle but as far as how the car ran it wasn't noticeable. Part of me wants the car to die so I can go buy a newer one that has massaging seats, but the thing just keeps on keeping on.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    New Car 2004 Subaru Forester XT

My New Little Monster

Attached Images Attached Images

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I'm almost to 159,000 miles, still runs great and pulls like a beast.

I have a new love tho. 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum. It has the massaging seats that I have yearned for over the last three years. It has front and rear cameras with washers on both. It has the heated steering wheel that my frail old hands need in the winter. It has the same motor that is currently in my car and is also tune-able. It has an amazing sound system, it has parallel and perpendicular park assist where the vehicle parks itself by itself. It even has a little sign next to your speedometer that tells you the speed limit on the road that you are on.

Test drove a used one about a month ago and somehow I made it out without buying it, but it did make me want one even more. I just found a local dealer that has two leftover brand new ones. With 0 percent financing they are almost the same price as what used ones go for. The dealer is about 45 minutes outside the city but I will most likely be visiting them within the next couple weeks.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by imarolan12 View Post
    backside2.jpg

Tinted the brake lights a month or two back. Just turned 154K miles today. I did replace both of the upstream O2 sensors a few weeks back, they were flatlining at wide open throttle but as far as how the car ran it wasn't noticeable. Part of me wants the car to die so I can go buy a newer one that has massaging seats, but the thing just keeps on keeping on.
    Finally sold her about 2 months ago. Bought the same car, same color, except new one is a 2015 with massaging seats and auto parallel park and lane keep assist. Drove it to florida last month and the massaging seats are actually more useful than I thought. We drive to florida every year for six years now, this is the first time I wasn't sore as heck the day after the drive. Had the massaging seats turned on probably 60% of the drive each way.

Old car had a little over 168K miles when I sold it. It was a great car for the 3+ years I had it.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    My old work Honda finally died so I bought a 2010 Acura TL. 285 horse, heated seats and all the tech goodies I could ever want. 480 watt stereo and creampuff. the pic isn't mine butt looks exactly like it'

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by jitBob View Post
    My old work Honda finally died so I bought a 2010 Acura TL. 285 horse, heated seats and all the tech goodies I could ever want. 480 watt stereo and creampuff. the pic isn't mine butt looks exactly like it'

A friend of mine has one of those, not sure if it's the same year but it looks similar. He loves it.