Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New Car

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    cool. I was actually thinking about using that stuff to freshen up fading plastic bumpers

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    If the Texas Department of Public Safety ever sends my duplicate title, I'm selling Clifford (my red 1991 Suburban) because he's starting to need more in maintenance than I'm willing to spend. Anyway, wife just bought herself a 2012 Ford Fiesta with all the bells and whistles. So, counting her corporate car, we now have 5 cars for a household with 3 drivers. When Elder Child reports for Basic, we may even have her car for a while. Adios Clifford, you were a good ride.

The Fiesta is very nice. It is almost immaculate except for a few small stone chips in the paint. Even the windshield isn't chipped or cracked. And given the kind of winds we have here, that's pretty unusual. It handles OK, has good acceleration, comfortable, etc. Altogether a nice little car but it won't give you a boner. I want a Tesla S. In Insane Mode, it will do 0-60 in three seconds. With the new Ludicrous Mode option, the car will do 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and pull 1.1 g's of acceleration. Here's a video of some passengers experiencing Insane Mode. Definitely NOT suitable for work, but the video also includes a link to a bleeped out version
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    If the Texas Department of Public Safety ever sends my duplicate title, I'm selling Clifford (my red 1991 Suburban) because he's starting to need more in maintenance than I'm willing to spend.
    Plus, I'm figuring that monster probably gets about 12 mpg or less with the a/c on...if that even still works.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Plus, I'm figuring that monster probably gets about 12 mpg or less with the a/c on...if that even still works.
    It has both front and rear a/c, it was converted to use modern coolant even. A/C needs a clutch, but is otherwise OK. Big thing is that I think the tranny may soon need a rebuild or replacement, and I'm just not doing that on a vehicle that's probably worth $500 in the real world. In the last couple of years I replaced the alternator, thermostat, water pump, radiator and starter, but that was all easy DIY stuff. Anyhow, we just don't need all the vehicles we have. The hardest part of selling Clifford will be finding a place to store the 6 Tectronix Phaser 650s that I've been using for repair parts. Guess I could put them on the carport and piss off my wife some more.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I want a Tesla S. In Insane Mode, it will do 0-60 in three seconds. With the new Ludicrous Mode option, the car will do 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and pull 1.1 g's of acceleration. Here's a video of some passengers experiencing Insane Mode. Definitely NOT suitable for work, but the video also includes a link to a bleeped out version
    Yes, a Tesla would be really cool to have.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    Yes, a Tesla would be really cool to have.
    Yup. Of course if they have ludicrous mode, I would wait until they have plaid.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    cool. I was actually thinking about using that stuff to freshen up fading plastic bumpers
    I know several people that have used it. I might black out my Altima with it.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    .... I want a Tesla S. ...
    So do I, but for different reasons it seems.

Sure, having all that quickness would be nice, but I truly love the idea of charging my electric car's battery from the solar panels on my roof.
    Last edited by northbayteky; 08-15-2015 at 07:38 PM. Reason: by my smile
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post
    So do I, but for different reasons it seems.

Sure, having all that quickness would be nice, but I truly love the idea of charging my electric car's battery from the solar panels on my roof.
    Made you're a Tesla X kinda person?
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    The X looks nice, but I prefer the body style of the S. I already have a minivan and I'm so done with the soccer mom look.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.