Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New Car

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    In Texas, in order to pass state safety inspection, the front side windows have to meet state standards, but it is OK to have the rear side windows much darker. And no, off hand I can't tell you the standards. But, a few years ago, I had to peal off the tint film on the front side windows to pass a safety inspection.
    That's how it was when I lived in pennsylvania, but here in ohio there are absolutely no inspections. I've seen a pickup truck on the freeway that had obviously been in a rollover accident. I've seen a pickup that was t boned and the passenger side was pushed in at least a foot and a half. Vehicles with giant rust holes, you name it. If it runs, people drive it and somehow it's legal.

Tint laws here are 50% is the lowest you can go on the front windows, anything goes on the the rear.

I always said I would never own a ford, but I am super impressed with this car so far. It gets great mileage, has amazing technology built into it and seems to be a very well built and reliable car. A red SHO pulled into my parking lot at work yesterday, so I went out and talked to the guy. He bought his with 35K miles on it and is up to 158K now, has not had a single problem with it, just chnages the oil and does regular maintenance. I've continued looking at them for sale within 200 miles of me since I got mine and still have not seen one within 2-3 grand of what I paid for the same model and miles. It's rare to see one under 18K unless it has 120K or more miles on it.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Ford seems to building good cars these days and the SHOs have always been nice. Sounds like you really got a great deal.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    My new ride.

Had it for a couple weeks now. Things are slow here so I figured I would post it for those that are not on my FB list.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Looks great!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Holy sh*t that thing looks HUGE!! I like the yellow, never had a vehicle that color but came close a few times.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    It is a factory paint job but it was special ordered because yellow was not a standard color on trucks in 2007. I was not aware they would do that.

I am kind of fond of the yellow. No one in this area has one like it, which is a plus. And it had 9000 miles when I bought it, so it will be around a while.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Wow that's a 2007? Must have been kept in a garage, that paint looks brand spankin new. Also looks like it might need the windows tinted?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I freakin love that yellow, beyond jealous. Wife thinks I'm weird cause I love yellow in a car

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by imarolan12 View Post
    Wow that's a 2007? Must have been kept in a garage, that paint looks brand spankin new. Also looks like it might need the windows tinted?
    According the dealer, the guy traded that in for another truck...2015 with all the after market goodies. The dealer also said the guy was odd. and did exactly as you said. Kept it in a garage. 9000 miles in 8 years, the truck did not see much use.

I talked the dealer into a 7/70 warranty so it pretty much is a brand new truck for less than half the price.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by imarolan12 View Post
    Holy sh*t that thing looks HUGE!! I like the yellow, never had a vehicle that color but came close a few times.
    Well, clearly you don't live in Texas if you think that truck is huge. Hell, I have friends who own F250 duallys who can't even get in the cab without a small step ladder. And then it probably takes like a pint of diesel to start the engine.

Really nice truck Larommi. The previous owner might be a bit loony, but he obviously loved that truck and cared for it well. I'm pretty sure you got one Hell of a deal there. Enjoy,Bubba!
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!