Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New Car

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Well, the stuff the engine may leak is stuff that us Dems fought to prevent, and it only happened to leak due to Republican opposition to more stringent emissions standards. Sorry, but I'm home alone this weekend, bored, and I just couldn't resist.
    You can thank California for the EPA. I remember the air in California in the 70s and I'm glad the US decided to follow our lead in establishing environmental protections.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post
    You can thank California for the EPA. I remember the air in California in the 70s and I'm glad the US decided to follow our lead in establishing environmental protections.
    No shit. I remember back in '70 or '71 the first time I flew into LAX, it was about 8:00 at night and I was descending into this nasty yellow cloud. I wondered if I could hold my breath for a week.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Well, the stuff the engine may leak is stuff that us Dems fought to prevent, and it only happened to leak due to Republican opposition to more stringent emissions standards. Sorry, but I'm home alone this weekend, bored, and I just couldn't resist.
    None of what you said makes any difference or any sense. Anything that deals with emissions comes out of back of the car, not the front. Anything that leaks from the engine is just as nasty now as it was back then. The only thing that has changed is the lead content.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    None of what you said makes any difference or any sense. Anything that deals with emissions comes out of back of the car, not the front. Anything that leaks from the engine is just as nasty now as it was back then. The only thing that has changed is the lead content.
    Since you've apparently been asleep for the last couple of decades, I guess maybe you hadn't noticed that modern engines are much cleaner on the front end as well as what come out the tailpipe. No problem; anyone is entitled to the occasional drunken, stupid post. Hell, I've even been known to cut Joopster some slack.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Right, but the air going through the windows is not right next to the engine that may leak...stuff
    Seriously, you think they did away with them because of possible exhaust leaks that might find its way into the cabin? I guess maybe if the car is sitting still for a long time with no air movement but I like them and wish my minivan had them.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Seriously, you think they did away with them because of possible exhaust leaks that might find its way into the cabin? I guess maybe if the car is sitting still for a long time with no air movement but I like them and wish my minivan had them.
    My old Suburban even has those little vent wings at the front of the main side windows. You remember them, don't you? They have those somewhat ridiculous latches where you have to depress a button, then turn the latch to open them. I never understood the doggone buttons reason for existence.
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Since you've apparently been asleep for the last couple of decades, I guess maybe you hadn't noticed that modern engines are much cleaner on the front end as well as what come out the tailpipe. No problem; anyone is entitled to the occasional drunken, stupid post. Hell, I've even been known to cut Joopster some slack.
    Whatever. Gas is still toxic. Oil is still toxic. Exhaust is still toxic. Engines still produce CO. Most advances in making engines clean are added on. You are still burning fossil fuels. You are still producing carbon monoxide and carcinogens. Some are getting reduced in the exhaust system, but that is under the car.

There is a reason clean air comes to the vehicle where it does.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Yes, there is an aerodynamics involved in slanted windshields and how cowl intakes work.

Catalytic converters reduce CO but there is not one on the engine block so exhaust leaks will not have the benefit of reduction.

You still have the vents to bring the air in but it moved.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yes, there is an aerodynamics involved in slanted windshields and how cowl intakes work.

Catalytic converters reduce CO but there is not one on the engine block so exhaust leaks will not have the benefit of reduction.

You still have the vents to bring the air in but it moved.
    OK, you got a really nice truck, but admit it; don't you secretly want a Tesla? Heaven knows I do, but I don't have the cash. Who in the Hell wouldn't want a family car that could do zero to 60 in 2.8 seconds and pull 1.1 gees in the process.

Don't get me wrong, your truck is really a nice vehicle. It's certainly better the ratty old Suburban and Kia that I usually drive, but still, 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds. Doesn't that make your pecker hard?
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    OK, you got a really nice truck, but admit it; don't you secretly want a Tesla? Heaven knows I do, but I don't have the cash. Who in the Hell wouldn't want a family car that could do zero to 60 in 2.8 seconds and pull 1.1 gees in the process.

Don't get me wrong, your truck is really a nice vehicle. It's certainly better the ratty old Suburban and Kia that I usually drive, but still, 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds. Doesn't that make your pecker hard?
    A cool breeze makes my pecker hard but yes, I would love to have a Tesla. I would still have the same problem. How do I get stuff home from the lumber yard? The closest this truck comes is it can run on e85. The problem with e85 in a truck is that it is a fucking joke.

I told my boss I would buy an all electric vehicle if he let me plug it in at work.