Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you drive ?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    2008 VW Jetta
    I hate everything about it, trying to pay off some debts then I'm looking to get a 4x4 truck to get me more places for hunting and fishing, plus maybe to haul a boat up to the family lake house(if the lake fills up). Just found I survived round 2 of layoffs, so if oil keeps going up it should be good

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by imarolan12 View Post
    Very nice! That was one of the many cars I looked at during my long search. If I remember right, the only negative I saw on that car was RWD. Very nice cars tho with a ton of bells and whistles.
    Would be nice if RWD, but it's actually FWD. Got this one used with 9000 on ticker. New it would be sticker something like $39k+, got them down to $26k. It's not the limited, but with the lux package the only thing I'm missing is adaptive cruze, lane departure, some kind of fancy glass that repels water (like built in rainex) LED fogs, which I am not fond of that look, I have yellow's in there now. Oh, and electric parking break isn't on mine, otherwise I got everything.

Certified out to 100,000 or 10 year drive train, and I'm still covered by the bumper to bumper until 60,000. I added coverage for everything up to 100,000, so there is a great peace of mind that I should be without repairs out of pocket for 10 years.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fi View Post
    Would be nice if RWD, but it's actually FWD. Got this one used with 9000 on ticker. New it would be sticker something like $39k+, got them down to $26k. It's not the limited, but with the lux package the only thing I'm missing is adaptive cruze, lane departure, some kind of fancy glass that repels water (like built in rainex) LED fogs, which I am not fond of that look, I have yellow's in there now. Oh, and electric parking break isn't on mine, otherwise I got everything.

Certified out to 100,000 or 10 year drive train, and I'm still covered by the bumper to bumper until 60,000. I added coverage for everything up to 100,000, so there is a great peace of mind that I should be without repairs out of pocket for 10 years.
    Ah yes, it must have been the price then that pushed me away from that one. LOL! I did like that model a lot tho.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by imarolan12 View Post
    Ah yes, it must have been the price then that pushed me away from that one. LOL! I did like that model a lot tho.
    Sticker on them is ridiculous. I found a couple limited models, retail is over $43k, but these hat 10,000 miles on them. They still wanted over $33k for uncertified and wouldn't budge...so I walked. Car is not worth the sticker price, but if you find a good deal it's a great car. Spunky as hell, air cooled seats...all it needed was a 600 watts and a 12" sub.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Semper Fi, I've looked at extended warranties a couple of times, but found the fine print made them mostly useless. Are you confident with yours? Who did you buy it through, etc. Just curious since we are going to be doing a vehicle purchase this year.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I wish I could remember who had mine on my truck. It cost me 1500, I claimed 5000 worth the work and they never batted an eye. Anyone that did work on the truck sent and invoice to their claims department and the claims usually paid before I even picked up the truck.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    I wish I could remember who had mine on my truck. It cost me 1500, I claimed 5000 worth the work and they never batted an eye. Anyone that did work on the truck sent and invoice to their claims department and the claims usually paid before I even picked up the truck.
    I bought one once on a Dodge Ram, used it enough to get my money's worth out of it, that's for sure.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Semper Fi, I've looked at extended warranties a couple of times, but found the fine print made them mostly useless. Are you confident with yours?
    I got extended warranty directly through Honda on my new CRV for $750 (they had a promo, regular 1500) - no deductible to 100k miles, all-inclusive (except stuff that wears out), rental and towing included. On wife's car we got it for $900 ("repeat offender" discount), again directly through Honda.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    On wife's car we got it for $900 ("repeat offender" discount), again directly through Honda.
    OK, that made me laugh!
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    My last car I had the extended coverage, about $1500 at purchase. I had over $12,000 in repairs on the car that were 100% covered by that extended plan. It actually reached a point when the KBB of the car was down below $10,000 that the warrantee company finally said they had put in enough. I agreed...ended up trading in the car, because the dealership that did all the work created an oil leak and couldn't get it fixed...so F-it, someone else's problem.

I'll never own another Nissan again.