Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What do you drive ?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    A total POS Toyota corolla 99. I live in the city, having a new car in Philly is the height of idiocy. Also, my credit is now shot to hell so I'm kind of stuck with what I've got.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I drive a 1996 Honda Accord. Best $2500 I have ever spent. Had it 19 months, and replaced the brake pads, and the insurance company replaced the windshield, that was sandblasted by too much time at the beach. Other than that, it has been an absolutely reliable and friendly car to drive.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I am still driving my 2001 Nissan Quest. It's holding up well, considering.

I am looking forward to when I can afford that new Tesla. I made a vow to myself back when gas prices were approaching $5 p/g that I would never, ever buy another internal combustion engine vehicle. Plus I have a secret crush on Elon Musk ;-)

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    I drive a 1996 Honda Accord. Best $2500 I have ever spent. Had it 19 months, and replaced the brake pads, and the insurance company replaced the windshield, that was sandblasted by too much time at the beach. Other than that, it has been an absolutely reliable and friendly car to drive.
    I've never had a vehicle for that long that I haven't had to replace rotors on. I must be really hard on brakes.......or maybe it's just driving the mountains here in PA.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    I've never had a vehicle for that long that I haven't had to replace rotors on. I must be really hard on brakes.......or maybe it's just driving the mountains here in PA.
    I never had to replace as many rotors as I have actually replaced. I just did it because they were cheap and I already had everything apart.

For me rotor replacement just made sense. By the time I have the old ones turned, the time involved, I came out even or took a very small hit.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post
    I am still driving my 2001 Nissan Quest. It's holding up well, considering.

I am looking forward to when I can afford that new Tesla. I made a vow to myself back when gas prices were approaching $5 p/g that I would never, ever buy another internal combustion engine vehicle. Plus I have a secret crush on Elon Musk ;-)
    I want a Tesla X! Since I really don't travel much anymore, charging would not be a concern, even if I do live in the middle of nowhere. But on a longer trip in Texas, I'm not sure how that would work out. When I took Younger Child and Elder Child to a Peter Beagle book signing in Austin last month, we ended up logging about 1300+ miles for the round trip, so, I'm not sure how well that would have worked in an electric vehicle. The Texas Panhandle is not the only "middle of nowhere" area you can find in Texas, and I drove through several.

But, I'm pretty much driving our 2001 Kia Optima most of the time. OK, if uninspiring. Still have my 1991 Suburban, but he doesn't see the road much anymore. EC in San Angelo has my wife's last corporate vehicle (a 2004 Ford Escape), YC has a 1999 Saturn SC Coupe. Wife drives her 2014 Ford Escape corporate vehicle.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    I want a Tesla X! Since I really don't travel much anymore, charging would not be a concern, even if I do live in the middle of nowhere. But on a longer trip in Texas, I'm not sure how that would work out. When I took Younger Child and Elder Child to a Peter Beagle book signing in Austin last month, we ended up logging about 1300+ miles for the round trip, so, I'm not sure how well that would have worked in an electric vehicle. The Texas Panhandle is not the only "middle of nowhere" area you can find in Texas, and I drove through several.

But, I'm pretty much driving our 2001 Kia Optima most of the time. OK, if uninspiring. Still have my 1991 Suburban, but he doesn't see the road much anymore. EC in San Angelo has my wife's last corporate vehicle (a 2004 Ford Escape), YC has a 1999 Saturn SC Coupe. Wife drives her 2014 Ford Escape corporate vehicle.
    How does she like her 2014 escape ?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    How does she like her 2014 escape ?
    She likes it OK, but I actually like the 2008 Escape we bought for EC better. The 2014 feels like it is a little cramped, and way too busy. Back up camera, GPS, docking ports for everything under the sun. I'm old school when it comes to cars. But the Escape has been good. I think the front air dam fell off it once, but otherwise it has been very solid and reliable. Wife is responsible for managing a large area and she puts a bunch of miles on the vehicle with no complaints, so I think it's a good car.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    What engine does she have ?
    168-hp, 2.5-liter I-4
    173-hp, 1.6-liter I-4
    231-hp, 2.0-liter I-4

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Wife's Escape has the 2.5 liter.
    WIFFLEBALL!