Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
I do. I hadn't worn a watch for about 3 years, but my wife gave me one for Father's Day last year, so I wear a watch.
Right. A lot of people wear a watch not just to tell time but more for like a piece of jewelry or something of sentimental value. It's a style accessory. Or something like that.

Me, I haven't worn a watch in years. I mostly want one that I can use during running. And I want it to work with my phone. If I'm running and my phone beeps then usually I stop or slow down... gotta dig down into the pocket to get the phone with my gross sweaty hands,... then good luck getting the touch id sensor to work. Finally once the phone comes up then gotta swipe around for the messages app. All that just to read a message that says, "Ok". So I always thought it would be great to just have something on my wrist that I could look at real quick. Let the phone do all the work but give me a little screen on my wrist to show the output. Another example is location services data and motion sensor stuff. With the iPhone 5s/6/6+ it has great features built in for that. But again, gotta reach into the pocket to get at it. With a watch, it's all right there.

Are these things needed? No. A luxury? Absolutely! Do I want one after all has been said? Of course!