Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and the new Apple watch

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Tattoos and the new Apple watch

http://www.inkedmag.com/rethink-buyi...oure-tattooed/

I have no idea how the watch works, but I found this interesting.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yeah. I read about this too. Sure glad I don't have any wrist tattoos. I do plan to get one of these watches someday.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I don't plan on a full sleeve or wrist tattoo.

come to think of it a watch is not on the radar either. Apple or Casio
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I'm curious to see how this watch goes over time. In other words, when something is first released there's so many unknowns that start to happen over time. Like you hear about peoples phones burning up in their pocket. Or signals being broken by "holding it wrong". Thing about the Apple watch that is different from a regular Casio watch or something is that it has a powerful lithium battery in it and it's sending out a bunch of high intensity signals constantly. How will that affect peoples health over time -- if at all? What happens on a hot day? Does the watch get hot and burn your skin? What happens in 5 years of having a lithium battery pressed against your skin? What happens if the lithium battery decides to get really hot and catch on fire? Just so many unanswered questions.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I'm curious to see how this watch goes over time. In other words, when something is first released there's so many unknowns that start to happen over time. Like you hear about peoples phones burning up in their pocket. Or signals being broken by "holding it wrong". Thing about the Apple watch that is different from a regular Casio watch or something is that it has a powerful lithium battery in it and it's sending out a bunch of high intensity signals constantly. How will that affect peoples health over time -- if at all? What happens on a hot day? Does the watch get hot and burn your skin? What happens in 5 years of having a lithium battery pressed against your skin? What happens if the lithium battery decides to get really hot and catch on fire? Just so many unanswered questions.
    Like, who wears watches anymore?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    I do. I hadn't worn a watch for about 3 years, but my wife gave me one for Father's Day last year, so I wear a watch.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I wear a watch because I am too lazy to take my phone out of my pocket, press a button to turn the screen on, and look at the time.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    I wear a watch because I am too lazy to take my phone out of my pocket, press a button to turn the screen on, and look at the time.
    lol

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    Do I detect a pattern? I mean, we are both old enough to remember Armadillo World Headquarters...
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Yeah. It's funny. The smartphone industry has spent the last 10 years trying to get the watch off our wrists. They finally succeeded and now they want us to put it back on. lol