Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody watch the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Anybody watch the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight?

Anybody watch this fight? I'm not really into fights normally but since Mayweather is from Grand Rapids and one of the greats of all time, I always watch his fights. In some ways, I think it could be argued they both won last night. Mayweather won the fight and will be able to extend his life of extravagance thanks to his payday. Pacquiao lost the fight but since much of money will go to help the people of the Philippines, there is a lot of good that comes out of the fight for him.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    No, I didn't see the fight, but I bet it was a great match. I've mostly spent the weekend working to get a mail server set up for a client (and it REALLY isn't going well) and messing with getting my lawnmower running. And that's going about as well as setting up the mail server. Even if the mower is just under a year old, I'm pretty close to just driving to Amarillo and buying a mower with a Honda engine instead of this GD, MF, Briggs & Stratton piece of junk.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Sorry to get off topic there. I thought Pacquiao actually had a shot at taking down Mayweather. Still Mayweather is a boxer that comes along once in a generation or maybe even once in a century. I guess I can probably see the fight online, but it looks like the next few days are going to be consumed with trying to sort out weird and annoying junk.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yeah, I saw the fight at a friend's house.

He was actually having a Spur's playoff game party. Even tho the Spurs lost that 7th game, that 4th quarter was one of the most intense and exciting quarters I have even seen.

So after watching that and enjoying some BBQ and drinking some brewskies, we started talking about how much we would be willing to pay to go to a bar such as Twin Peaks and watch the game. My buddy said that he'd be willing to pay $40. I said yeah, I probably would too. Hell, Pay-per-view was $100 for HD on his local cable and $90 for standard def. We already had beer and food here at the house so we decided to go halfies on the SD for $90. Had a great time.

Yes, Mayweather won the fight but it was not an overwhelming victory. He landed a few solid punches throughout the fight. Manny would catch him on the ropes and unleash 4 or 5 quick ones that looked good but none of them landed. Manny won a few rounds just on that.

Saw the Kentucky Derby earlier in the day too. I don't watch any of that 4 hour pre-race show crap tho; tuned in about 15 minute before the race. Worked out great.

So, saw the Derby, the Spurs lose to the Clippers in that great playoff game, the "Fight of the Century" and the Houston Astros won and are in first place. Overall, an awesome sports day that actually lived up to the hype.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JaxSon; 05-03-2015 at 06:15 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    ...buying a mower with a Honda engine instead of this GD, MF, Briggs & Stratton piece of junk.
    Getting your ass kicked by a Briggs & Stratton? That's sad. Those things are the easiest to work on.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Nah, we were at the Astros game

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Getting your ass kicked by a Briggs & Stratton? That's sad. Those things are the easiest to work on.
    What can I say. I have a spark, a new plug, fresh gas, and still can't get it to bust off after squirting starting fluid into the carb with the air filter removed. I'm open to suggestions here, but I still think I'm just gonna ditch this piece of crap.
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Make sure the choke fully closes when you try to start it. If you have a strong spark, starting fluid, the plug is gapped correctly, it's got to start. On off switch working correctly?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Is the emergency shutoff switch working properly? Maybe it's not opening or closing as the case may be

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile PC View Post
    Make sure the choke fully closes when you try to start it. If you have a strong spark, starting fluid, the plug is gapped correctly, it's got to start. On off switch working correctly?
    That what I thought. Gauged the plug before I installed it, and the choke seems to be operating OK and the deadman switch is apparently OK. I've prayed for forgiveness for all the nasty stuff I've said about British Leyland and Lucas Electrical Systems, and it still doesn't start.
    WIFFLEBALL!