Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SSD

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    And heat. I guess some are advising to keep them out of server clusters.
    Yeah, I guess now that they are becoming more popular and widespread we are starting to learn a lot more about them.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    It's a proprietary SSD like this.
    Mine is basically a regular HDD with a big-ass SSD cache. Way faster than a HDD after it "learns" what to cache.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Mine is basically a regular HDD with a big-ass SSD cache. Way faster than a HDD after it "learns" what to cache.
    That's cool. I keep hearing about hybrid drives and been curious about them.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    That'll be cool to see how a clean install of Win 10 works out on that. It should boot pretty fast even on an older system. By the way, Flonase is like a magical formula from another universe. I highly recommend if if you haven't tried it already. It's sold right off the shelf now. Benadryl is ok but it's better as a sleep aid than as an allergy treatment (at least for that's the case).

Looks like I have time after all. Gonna try the win 10 install no I think.

Tried flonase a long time ago, welded my nose shut, stuff is a nightmare for me. I'm Mr allergy though, like the allergy test, the doc said "wow!" And I reacted greatly to literally everything but a couple trees... And they dont even test for artificial fragrances or food additives which are both pure hell for me. I pop half benadryl in the day and whole at night or I'm a snotball. I'm kind of a gross guy.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers View Post
    Looks like I have time after all. Gonna try the win 10 install no I think.

Tried flonase a long time ago, welded my nose shut, stuff is a nightmare for me. I'm Mr allergy though, like the allergy test, the doc said "wow!" And I reacted greatly to literally everything but a couple trees... And they dont even test for artificial fragrances or food additives which are both pure hell for me. I pop half benadryl in the day and whole at night or I'm a snotball. I'm kind of a gross guy.
    Are you sure that was Flonase you tried that welded your nose? I've tried other nasal sprays in the past that were terrible that did that but Flonase is different. It's basically a corticosteroid and smells a little weird but literally is like magic. You had to have a prescription for it up until recently. Anyway, I don't want to hijack your thread with nasal talk but I'm a huge allergy guy too so I can't help it when this subject comes up. LOL.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Are you sure that was Flonase you tried that welded your nose? I've tried other nasal sprays in the past that were terrible that did that but Flonase is different. It's basically a corticosteroid and smells a little weird but literally is like magic. You had to have a prescription for it up until recently. Anyway, I don't want to hijack your thread with nasal talk but I'm a huge allergy guy too so I can't help it when this subject comes up. LOL.

Yup. Steroids don't sit well with me. Prednisone made my throat swell shut once. Dude I'm not human... I'm waiting for my species to pick me up some day. Or, that's what my wife says.

Installing from a USB CD\DVD as my crap DVD burners is broken and apparently will not even read DVDs now. Slowing the process down a bit but its going.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yup. Steroids don't sit well with me. Prednisone made my throat swell shut once. Dude I'm not human... I'm waiting for my species to pick me up some day. Or, that's what my wife says.

Installing from a USB CD\DVD as my crap DVD burners is broken and apparently will not even read DVDs now. Slowing the process down a bit but its going.
    Oh damn. That sucks dude! Yeah, I think I've had prednisone also. I remember that being good (can't remember what it was for though -- sounds familiar though.)

Yeah, I hear ya. Been there with the USB CD/DVD thing.

Not to keep bringing up the Apple dead horse but this MacBook Pro has USB 3.0 and thunderbolt ports. I'm so spoiled with speed these days.

But anyway, once the initial install is done then you shouldn't need to rely on the external optical drive too much for anything else. You can download everything else or mount ISO's.
    Last edited by Webhead; 05-15-2015 at 09:47 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Oh damn. That sucks dude! Yeah, I think I've had prednisone also. I remember that being good (can't remember what it was for though -- sounds familiar though.)

Yeah, I hear ya. Been there with the USB CD/DVD thing.

Not to keep bringing up the Apple dead horse but this MacBook Pro has USB 3.0 and thunderbolt ports. I'm so spoiled with speed these days.
    Even with the 8x USB DVD total time for install took 18-19 minutes, posting from Spartan now, that was a "custom" install so I could turn off some spy stuff while making sure feedback was on. Now to turn off all the dumb sh*t like one drive and such and install firefox and steam and see what this does with games.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Even with the 8x USB DVD total time for install took 18-19 minutes, posting from Spartan now, that was a "custom" install so I could turn off some spy stuff while making sure feedback was on. Now to turn off all the dumb sh*t like one drive and such and install firefox and steam and see what this does with games.
    Nice! That's fast. Maybe I'll install it on my Dell Studio. Although I need to get an SSD for it. Maybe I'll wait.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Well, I updated the video card driver by telling it to update it, and black screen. Hard restart and it did some updates and its showing as a 4800, so that's probably a good thing. Off to get steam and play left for dead.