Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Decent PC games?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Decent PC games?

What games are you playing as of the last year? Or are you not?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Battlefield 4 is the most recently released game I play, otherwise I have tons of older games I play. what is your style?
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    In anticipation of The Witcher 3, I'm playing 2 over again. I love the series, and played the first game through about 3 times. But I don't game much, and it burns my shorts that anytime I find a new game I want to play, I seem to need to cough up about $300 bucks for a new video card before it runs right. I like the games because the are driven by a good story line, and your choices in the game matter in the outcome.

In the meantime, Elder Child ran over a possum, went off the road, and I had to buy her a new tire, a wheel, and some front end work. No new toys for Dad soon.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Solitaire

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Solitaire
    In the meantime while waiting on funds, Bejeweled Twist and Bookworm.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Solitaire
    That made me laugh!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emr View Post
    That made me laugh!
    Hey, it costs nothing. Plus, I don't normally have time to hang out in front of the computer all day. If I have some free time, I would rather watch sports on my big screen TV.
    Last edited by JaxSon; 05-21-2015 at 07:57 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Solitaire
    LOL

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Battlefield 4 is the most recently released game I play, otherwise I have tons of older games I play. what is your style?

Favorites are RPG's, ran through GOG.com list of older RPG's like Icewind Dale I and II, planscape, those things. Have baldurs gate I&II enhanced edition, which is the actuall playable version someone updated to remove the bugs, both great old games but they don't keep my interest. Favorite RPGs are Fallout 1, 2, 3 and NV. Loved Elder Scrolls Skyrim and have Oblivion but I can't stay interested in it and I'm not getting the leveling system, etc. Really wish that Fallout 4 would come out already.

Love shooters, was awesome at Battlefield 1942 and the Desert Combat mod. After 2 came out and stunk, I didn't buy 3, but would up getting it as part of a Humble Bundle package. I tried to play the campaign and OMFG I suck. I don't recall, but I think the issue was too many controls, too much crap. I never played online as I didn't feel like sucking and dragging others down with my suck. Maybe I should get over that, it's a decent looking game I guess.

That said, not many decent shooters out lately. I loved FarCry 3, and don't want to spend the $ on 4. I wish Valve would get off their collective asses and release something decent for poop sake. No idea how that company produces so many incredible games without ever sticking to any sort of time frame. Left 4 Dead 3 would be awesome, or Half Life 3, or portal 3, well, anything they do really.

l4d2hours.jpg
    I have even more hours clocked into L4D2 than what the pic shows. I LOVE cooperative like Left for Dead I&II I want Payday 2 or Evolution, but I can't justify the $$, I don't buy newer $60 anymore unless I know I'm going to play the heck out of it or I can buy a whole pack of games on steam from X company.

Love the whole Saints Row 2, 3, 4 and Gat Outta Hell series, play them often.

Been trying a lot of the free games on steam, but honestly there's a good reason they are free and if they are decent, they have major balance issues, etc. Never liked TF1 or 2.

Part of the issue is lack of money for games, but the other part is that it seems that even though PC games make an absolute fortune, there just aren't that many that are decent. I saw someone say Witcher, and I played one and liked #2, but then got the previous versions and OMG it stunk. Didn't dig 2 enough to justify 3.

Loved Mass Effect and Dead space series too, but neither have anything coming out.

Tried Civ 5, it was OK, Beyond Earth stunk out loud. The new sim city was abysmal, and I refused to buy it. I had downloaded a copy to see if it was worth the $ and it was not. Utter garbage.

I dunno, I need to finish BG1 and Oblivion still, but got bored with them and I play L4D2 a bit on heavily modded servers. Just looking for something to put the spark of life back into me and hold my interest for more than 15 minutes that doesn't cost a fortune. I will pirate games, but only if I plan to buy or not, like a trial. I always paid for games and plan to continue. I think I'm just being apathetic right now.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Spider Solitaire and Hearts

I just don't have time to game much anymore. I did a lot BK.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.