Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Decent PC games?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I'm playing the first Witcher game for the second time. I have Witcher II but I don't like the controls as much as the first game.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by edball View Post
    I'm playing the first Witcher game for the second time. I have Witcher II but I don't like the controls as much as the first game.
    I've played The Witcher through 3 times now, and The Witcher 2 twice. I definitely like the original game better. The controls in Witcher 2 may give you more control over the game play, but they also demand sharper reflexes and more attention. Screw that! I'm old and slow.

Besides, the original game offered more of an intellectual and ethical challenge. Your choices in the game made a real difference in how the game's story line played out; much more than Witcher 2.

I kinda want to get The Witcher 3, but I guess I'd need a newer video card to have it run at its best, and anymore, I don't play enough games to justify the cost of new hardware.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    I've played The Witcher through 3 times now, and The Witcher 2 twice. I definitely like the original game better. The controls in Witcher 2 may give you more control over the game play, but they also demand sharper reflexes and more attention. Screw that! I'm old and slow.

Besides, the original game offered more of an intellectual and ethical challenge. Your choices in the game made a real difference in how the game's story line played out; much more than Witcher 2.

I kinda want to get The Witcher 3, but I guess I'd need a newer video card to have it run at its best, and anymore, I don't play enough games to justify the cost of new hardware.
    Young whippersnappers! When I was your age, we walked five miles uphill, both ways, to get the latest 256MB Display adapter!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post

I feel the same way. If I wanted a game with complicated controls then there are so many to choose from. I wish developers would figure this out and leave a few games for us old folks to play.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    256mb? When I was your age we used monochrome!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    Young whippersnappers! When I was your age, we walked five miles uphill, both ways, to get the latest 256MB Display adapter!
    You can do better than that. I'm younger than you and I remember having 4MB cards on our shelves for sale - they were even expandable to 8MB
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by edball View Post
    256mb? When I was your age we used monochrome!
    I remember how cool a black and white "VGA" monitor we got was - no more monochrome, 256 shades of grey....oh yeah!!
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    ... 256 shades of grey....
    Sounds like a book title!

Oh, wait...
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.