Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decent PC games?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Your style of gaming is not far from my own. I have played most of the games you have listed either on PC or PS3. I loved Skyrim, but it is beyond broken for the PS3. Bethesda has been great about allowing 3rd parties to mess with their games. PC version of Skyrim had been fixed either by Bethesda or 3rd party. I would love to finish the game but refuse to buy it a 2nd time so I am stuck with the broken PS3 version.

If you get a chance, give BF3 another shot. It is pretty fun. I belong to a clan that still operates a couple servers and we get into Teamspeak and have a pretty good time. Even those that are not that good like myself still have fun.

For future games I am not sure where I am going to go. I can't do FPS on consoles, and honestly, the XBone and PS4 have little appeal.

If you don't have Steam, get it. They give away some pretty decent titles now and then or sell them really cheap. Origin does too but man, that company sucks. Still, I have a 2nd BF3 account I got for free and I tried that latest SimShitty for 5 bucks or something like that.

FYI, I had to turn off 2 or 4 cores in every Bethesda game to date. Piss poor coding IMO, same with Volition. The Q6600 sold a ton and still rocks today, but it's not hyper-threaded so I dunno, but turning off cores stops the crashing. That said, yeah, not being able to patch is terrible.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    There's still life after kids; you just get a large dose of drama, frustration, aggravation, and poverty you didn't have before.
    So true. Then they leave and you're bored as hell, old and you don't want to go places and be surrounded by teen idiots.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers View Post
    So true. Then they leave and you're bored as hell, old and you don't want to go places and be surrounded by teen idiots.
    Took YC and one of her friends to lunch today, and the table behind us had 4 pretty rowdy guys. One of whom had the most annoying voice I'd ever heard. I kept rolling my eyes, and the girls looked at each other grinned and said, "Freshmen" They, of course, are Juniors.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers View Post
    FYI, I had to turn off 2 or 4 cores in every Bethesda game to date. Piss poor coding IMO, same with Volition. The Q6600 sold a ton and still rocks today, but it's not hyper-threaded so I dunno, but turning off cores stops the crashing. That said, yeah, not being able to patch is terrible.
    I played Oblivion on a Phenom II x4 965 without any serious issues, except that whatever video card I was running at the time was a serious bottleneck. Morrowind, on the other hand, was buggier than the insect house at the zoo, and had possibly the worst combat mechanics of anything I've ever played.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I could use a like button for a couple of these posts :-)
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    ***BUMP***

My 23 year old son recently bought Fallout 4 for his Xbox. Plugs it into our big-screen TV and then into the massive sound system. I gotta admit, it is pretty awesome and a good POV game with lots of nuances that makes it fun. And pretty violent too. You can slo-mo the kills and make it even more graphic. I would give it a 7 or 8.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    ***BUMP***

My 23 year old son recently bought Fallout 4 for his Xbox. Plugs it into our big-screen TV and then into the massive sound system. I gotta admit, it is pretty awesome and a good POV game with lots of nuances that makes it fun. And pretty violent too. You can slo-mo the kills and make it even more graphic. I would give it a 7 or 8.
    For Younger Child's recent birthday, I bought her a couple of games from Steam and a Logitech game controller. Currently, she's playing Borderlands 2 like crazy.
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I never play games (still). I also usually only watch tv if I am doing something else at the same time. I eat in front of the news and ride my bike in front of something I recorded.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    I've been playing some browser games by Inno, most notably The West, though I am in vacation mode there, and am currently playing a newer game called Elvenar. I am thinking of trying to find a cheap copy of Everquest Titanium, and play on a free "emu" server. I liked the original game a whole lot, but the later expansions kept trying to be more like WoW. People want like 200 bucks for this thing.
    So I am still playing this Elvenar game, and I started my own Fellowship. So far, after about three weeks, we are number 135 out of about 30,000. I enjoy it because you can't just sit there and play it all the time like some games. There is a lot of "hurry up and wait" time, which makes me go and do something else for a few hours.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    So I am still playing this Elvenar game, and I started my own Fellowship. So far, after about three weeks, we are number 135 out of about 30,000. I enjoy it because you can't just sit there and play it all the time like some games. There is a lot of "hurry up and wait" time, which makes me go and do something else for a few hours.
    I might check this out.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."