Thread: Sub Optimal Week

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers View Post
    Yep, dogs are stupid and eat anything.
    Not always.
    My dog hasn't done any damage whatsoever in 6 years. He may steal some flip flops if I leave them outside, but he just carries them on the other side of the house, no chewing.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Well, the only thing really life-threatening to the dog about drinking the mineral oil was my reaction. Oddly, for a nurse who has worked in a nursing home, my wife can't handle either vomit or feces without tossing her cookies. I didn't like cleaning up after the mutt, but if I hadn't, I'd have ended up dealing with two messes. Sometimes you just gotta cut your losses.
    I missed the part about mineral oil. LOL, must have had the squirts for days.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers View Post
    I missed the part about mineral oil. LOL, must have had the squirts for days.
    It was pretty nasty. In the process, Jax ruined our cloth sofa. Our other dog, Charlotte (who I think is a pit bull/lab mix of some sort) had already destroyed out leather sofa. I guess we will probably get some used POS until we're sure the dogs have outgrown all the chewing.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    My poor baby had another bout of seizures last night. Well, early, early this morning. They started around midnight and went to around 3:30. when I got up at 6:30, she was still in that disoriented phase of walking around and getting into places she couldn't get out of. This was by far the worst case I've seen her have since she started having seizures. :-(
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post
    My poor baby had another bout of seizures last night. Well, early, early this morning. They started around midnight and went to around 3:30. when I got up at 6:30, she was still in that disoriented phase of walking around and getting into places she couldn't get out of. This was by far the worst case I've seen her have since she started having seizures. :-(
    That's hard. I've had friends in the same place. Many years ago, we had a dog that, after being neutered, had a couple of seizures as a reaction to the anesthetic, but that passed. It was still pretty stressful. Can't imagine that happening regularly. So very sorry.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I had an Austrailian Shepherd that had seizures. Doc put him on Phenabarbitol daily. Cost 5 bucks for a month's worth. Never had another seizure.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Been a pretty rough week around these parts too. It started on our beach vacation when the wife and Son number one took the dogs for a walk. They were supposed to just take our newest and smaller of the two dogs Annie, since Champ had run 3 miles with me earlier that morning but she took them both because he made a sad face at her when she was leaving. On the walk they met another dog, all was fine and friendly but then leashes got tangled and the other dog freaked out and got defensively agressive (baring teeth, growling at champ, and snapped at him) He didn't take kindly to the aggression and went ballistic. Grabbed the dog by the scruff area and started shaking it on the ground. Jamie pulled him off and we thought it was over, but at the end of the week the owners showed up at our beach house with a $500 vet bill, which of course we offered to help pay.

Then one of my sites had a huge server crash and I spent the last two days of vacation dealing with that. I ended up flying in the first part of this week. Before I left on sunday, I tried to get the grass cut and in the process stepped on a screw while cutting the grass in crocs. That made travel fun. I got delayed, missed my connection and got stranded in Baltimore on the way down. I finally got there and $10,000 bucks to a data recovery firm and lots of hours of work later, they are mostly whole.

Oh and we found out that one of Jamie's friends from HS's 7 year old girl joined the cancer club . We've been talking with them regularly trying to offer any help we can. From what we know it's going to be a really tough road for them (It's in her liver and so bad she may need transplant. It's also already spread)

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    Been a pretty rough week around these parts too. It started on our beach vacation when the wife and Son number one took the dogs for a walk. They were supposed to just take our newest and smaller of the two dogs Annie, since Champ had run 3 miles with me earlier that morning but she took them both because he made a sad face at her when she was leaving. On the walk they met another dog, all was fine and friendly but then leashes got tangled and the other dog freaked out and got defensively agressive (baring teeth, growling at champ, and snapped at him) He didn't take kindly to the aggression and went ballistic. Grabbed the dog by the scruff area and started shaking it on the ground. Jamie pulled him off and we thought it was over, but at the end of the week the owners showed up at our beach house with a $500 vet bill, which of course we offered to help pay.

Then one of my sites had a huge server crash and I spent the last two days of vacation dealing with that. I ended up flying in the first part of this week. Before I left on sunday, I tried to get the grass cut and in the process stepped on a screw while cutting the grass in crocs. That made travel fun. I got delayed, missed my connection and got stranded in Baltimore on the way down. I finally got there and $10,000 bucks to a data recovery firm and lots of hours of work later, they are mostly whole.

Oh and we found out that one of Jamie's friends from HS's 7 year old girl joined the cancer club . We've been talking with them regularly trying to offer any help we can. From what we know it's going to be a really tough road for them (It's in her liver and so bad she may need transplant. It's also already spread)
    Wow, now that's a shit week or two! Out of curiosity, how much of the $500 vet bill did you pay? Doesn't seem right that you should pay it all considering their dog started the aggressive behavior and Champ just "finished it" so to speak.

I've stepped on a nail (twice actually), no fun. One time it got infected bad, ended up needing my foot irrigated, was laid up pretty bad for the better part of an entire month. I never mow in anything but sneakers and never weed-whack in anything but jeans.

Shit news about the Jamie's friends daughter. I'm sure it's of some comfort to her having Jamie to lean on.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I have a small fish pond out back of my house that I keep finding these stupid little ground moles dead in. This year I decided to see if I could kill them so under the back side of my house where the porch meets house (right beside the pond) I set out 2 packs of mice/rat poison, seemed like a simple enough plan.

2 weeks later my daughter's dog (wiener dog) is really sick, take it to the vets and he sends me immediately to a bigger vet office who determines that she ate rat poison. 4 days stay at the animal hospital, a couple of blood transfusions and $2100 later, the dog is doing fine again, but of course I still have the flipping ground moles......
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    Wow, now that's a shit week or two! Out of curiosity, how much of the $500 vet bill did you pay? Doesn't seem right that you should pay it all considering their dog started the aggressive behavior and Champ just "finished it" so to speak.
    I gave them all the cash I had left which was about $180. We exchanged information. If they ask for more I'll pay them more but I'm hoping it'll just go away.

I've stepped on a nail (twice actually), no fun. One time it got infected bad, ended up needing my foot irrigated, was laid up pretty bad for the better part of an entire month. I never mow in anything but sneakers and never weed-whack in anything but jeans.
    yeah it was own dumbass fault. I actually thought that I should put my grass cutting shoes on and then said "nah I'll be fine" to myself. I was almost finished cutting and had to move a bunch of lumber that was scattered from building a shed. I stepped on a piece that had a 4 inch screw sticking out of it. It didn't go too far in and I didn't have to pull it out (I think I'd have passed out) but it's still bugging me as it heals. Thankfully it wasn't rusty, and I've kept it clean so no infection.

Shit news about the Jamie's friends daughter. I'm sure it's of some comfort to her having Jamie to lean on.
    our heart is broken for them. We saw them yesterday during Aidan's clinic visit. (He is 21 months cancer free now so that good news negates all this shit) they are having a hard time.. We are so thankful to be able to help, but hate that we have to