Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android 5.0 Lollipop: Do you like it?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Android 5.0 Lollipop: Do you like it?

My Samsung Galaxy S4 keeps asking me to upgrade to Android Lollipop but I'm skeptical. I am now on 4.2.2 and I like it a lot. My son's LG G2 upgraded to Lollipop and he says it was a major pain getting used to it; a helluva learning curve. But he seems to like it now.

I've been looking at some of the User Reviews and NOBODY likes it!
    http://www.cnet.com/products/google-.../user-reviews/

So, do any of you have it and do you like it?

TIA
    Last edited by JaxSon; 05-22-2015 at 10:28 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I did the upgrade recently and don't find it a major hassle to deal with the changes, but I don't like the color scheme and I guess I can fix that later. Most of the apps seem to work better, I think the touch screen is more responsive. No real complaints.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Upgraded my Galaxy Note 3, three weeks ago. No issues. Lost Hey Google, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I like the new font. It's not like going from Windows xp to Windows 8.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Man, i dont think anything i own will run it.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I tried it a bit on my S2, liked it but couldn't keep it as the build was unstable and cyanogenmod development for S2 is pretty much dead.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I upgraded, didn't notice a difference at all. I pretty much only use the phone for texting and work emails tho.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Upgraded galaxy tab s last night and not seeing a huge difference. Typical changes to interface here and there that you always get with an upgrade, generally looks cleaner and sharper, seems to be running faster however I also cleared the app cache just before the upgrade so could be that.
    I like the pop-ups which mean you don't have to unlock to see what is in notifications but then that's been in iOS for donkey's years, never understood why Android didn't have that sooner or maybe it did and i just missed it.
    Netflix finally works 5 months after buying the device, was a bug in Samsung Netflix version that prevented login, very annoying and glad it is fixed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    The only thing I have to compare it to is a pretty old version. In March I switched from a Galaxy S2 to a Galaxy S5. There's lots of differences, but I'm good with it. Many more options and much more stability than the 2 (and whatever version Android was running.)
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    My S5 uses Android 4.4.4, and it sucks. If I don't power cycle after about 48 hours, it starts spontaneously launching apps, and changing settings. So it is stable for about 48 hours, then it is a PITA. ATT burned me pretty good on this one.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    So, I figure, why not upgrade the OS, right? Doesn't cost anything, and Google has my contacts anyway. So they tell me I have to use the Wifi to download a 1.4GB upgrade. Fromm ATT, the supposed kings of bandwidth or something. I am getting about 1MB every 3 or 4 seconds. This looks like a lengthy process.

My point is that if I am ATT, I would want to show off my badass network speeds. Yeah, right. I will get back to you on this one.