Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: America quite popular over here at the moment

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    If ever a man deserved to be out of a job, it is certainly Blatter. Also good to see his cronies hit with criminal charges. Still, do you suppose the Swiss will extradite?
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    THREE WEEKS?! Holy crud! Did ATT custom build the wiring? How long did it actually take to get service?
    I was out of town on Saturday but the rest of my family was here. It sounds like he was here four hours. I'm not sure why it took so long. Granted, this house previously used Comcast so everything was new but I have an unfinished basement and everything he needed to do was either in the basement or the main floor. How difficult could that be? I'm assuming the reason it took three weeks to get here is because the real estate market is HOT around here. Every time a house sells, services need to be updated. Plus, you have the usual assortment of people who are changing services.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    I was out of town on Saturday but the rest of my family was here. It sounds like he was here four hours. I'm not sure why it took so long. Granted, this house previously used Comcast so everything was new but I have an unfinished basement and everything he needed to do was either in the basement or the main floor. How difficult could that be? I'm assuming the reason it took three weeks to get here is because the real estate market is HOT around here. Every time a house sells, services need to be updated. Plus, you have the usual assortment of people who are changing services.
    I've read some projections that Detroit may suddenly get an infusion of business (particularly some IT) because property is so cheap, but I have to ask what's going on in Grand Rapids that makes it such a hot area.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    While it is true the market is moving very fast here, I have no idea how it compares to other parts of the country. In Michigan, Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor lead the way. We have a diverse economy led by medicine. Ann Arbor has an impressive university leading their economy. Detroit is a pitiful representation of its former glory. Who knows? Maybe it will rebound.