Thread: Root

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Root

What are the positives and negatives of rooting my Android phone?

I have a Moto G, and its always low on RAM, so I was reading about an app that changes the way the system uses RAM so you have more available for apps. I'm assuming that lack of RAM is one of the reasons my apps crash sometimes. Ex: if I run the SIRIUS radio app and chrome and Google maps or waze at the same time, the maps sometimes just stop working. The SIRIUS app crashes or stops too, but its due to crappy coding IMO, something to do with the way it sees net access and such. Anyway, I'd like to be able to keep certain apps from running in the background too, like Google plus, or other built in but ultimatly useless to me apps, which I can't uninstall.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    positives are getting rid of the overlay bloatware and getting down to a core operating system.

Not much for negatives unless you have a warranty. Not sure about contracts.

I get most my info and software from here http://www.xda-developers.com/ These guys are very good. Some of their software is brick proof.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Loosing your warranty is (for me) the only negative thing when it comes to rooting. If your phone is under warranty I wouldn't recommend you to do it.