Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bag or Backpack?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Bag or Backpack?

I travel now and I'm using an ancient and now ratty laptop backpack to carry all my tech crap. Need a new one, was wondering if you think a tech bag or a tech backpack is better?

Also, where can one find something inexpensive, yet half decent? Not looking for super high quality, just something to hold my tools, laptop, and a bevy of other personal junk.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I like the Dell laptop bags. The one I carry now is similar to this one (but not exactly the same). I had this exact one before and loved it, but one time I brought some leftover food from work in it and forgot it was in there and my dog chewed it apart to get at the food.

Anyhow, I feel like the backpacks hold a lot more than the regular bags. I stuff a TON of crap into mine at times. Grab a used one off ebay.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Get a small travel bag with wheels and a handle. they work slick.

Not that I tech alot but I can put my laptop and tools in the bag and not worry about it bouncing on my back or hitting the floor too hard.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I carry my laptop in a backpack. It's much easier for me when I'm traveling because I always carry my luggage on (90% of the time) so I just wear the backpack and roll my suitcase through the airport(s)

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I carry my laptop in a sling-over-the-shoulder pack that works out great. It has room for paperwork, and a few disks for diagnostics. As for tools, my toolbox weighs about 40 pounds and is a real PITA lugging that thing around. But I have to have all those tools as I don't know what I'm up against until I get onsite. I do have a wheeled cart that folds up that I occasionally use but that is rare.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Backpack, company gave us one. before then, at gradschool, we were given a really nice travel one. Company also gave me a laptop bag, but it just doesn't hold enough(like lunch or whatever). Plus my shoulders are weird and backpacks just work better than single shoulder things.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I use a laptop bag, I have a very nice one that my wife got from her office. Plenty of space for other things - not that I carry much. I only carry my laptop from office to car and not even daily so it's not a big deal anyway.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I used a backpack in kindergarten. Then when I got to be a big boy I used a laptop bag like everyone else with a real job.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Joopster View Post
    I used a backpack in kindergarten. Then when I got to be a big boy I used a laptop bag like everyone else with a real job.
    So your mom bought you a new one for this year :P LOL

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    So your mom bought you a new one for this year :P LOL
    I'm guessing something like this.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!