Thread: Office test files

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
    My boss seems to think that there exists a bunch of files specifically for testing the print output from Office products. My understanding is that Microsoft Office is a package for on screen viewing and not for accurate colour printing, (hence the RGB only output). Has anyone heard of such a package?
    Never heard of such per se. If you really want very accurate color, you need both a monitor calibration utility like Pantone Huey, or some such, though in Win7 and up you can do a very good job manually if you have the patience. Even then, if your printer isn't Pantone calibrated, the output won't be accurate.

Here are a couple of links to relevant info. Pantone calibrated printers. Monitor calibration software and hardware.

Basically, unless the colors you see on screen match the printer output, you won't have a perfect match regardless of whether you are running Office, Photoshop, or whatever.
    Last edited by slgrieb; 08-19-2015 at 02:34 AM.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!