So I went in for an interview with AT&T yesterday to be a Premises Technician. Basically, the guy that comes out to your location and installs Uverse boxes, wifi, etc. Doesn't pay much starting out but lots of hours, overtime, good benefits, etc. Plus, once you get your foot in the door, lots of opportunity for advancement. There were about 25 of us guys and one guy showed up 2 minutes late; he was turned away. If you're late for your interview, they assume you will be late for work.

Anyway, they asked me six questions:

1) Describe a situation where you had an irate customer and how did you diffuse the situation.

2) Describe a situation where a coworker asked you for help.

3) How would you handle working with a "difficult" coworker?

4) Describe a situation where you had to work with hazardous material or a hazardous product. (Safety issue)

5) Describe a situation where you did something without being told.

6) If you had an issue to discuss with your boss, would you prefer texting, emailing or calling on the phone?

The interviewer said that all answers would be forwarded to Human Resources and that they would be the ones making the decisions. I thought I gave good solid answers to all of the above but I received an email saying that they were not moving forward with my application.

I don't know what the hell they were looking for. If anything, I was over-qualified. I've still got applications out there with other companies so I haven't given up but this is starting to eat at me. My self-confidence has taken a beating.

How would you answer the questions? Any advice?

TIA