Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
So I went in for another job interview earlier this week. This is for Tier 1 software support in a call center. It pays $24/hr which is more than my present 2 jobs combined.

He asked me the basic questions: describe a situation where you had an irate customer, a situation where you went above and beyond, a situation where the customer was less than forthcoming with information. For the last the last question, he said, describe how you would construct a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

When you pull the 2 pieces of bread out of the wrapper, they are lined up perfectly. Open them up like a book and put your stuff in there so that when you put them back together, they will be lined up perfectly. Take 1 piece of bread and start spreading your peanut butter. Some people like the extra crunchy with lots of peanuts so you have to be careful not to tear the bread when spreading. Rotate the bread 90 degrees and spread again getting all surfaces covered. Do the same with the other piece of bread with the jelly. If you like strawberry or peach preserves, (I like peaches) there will be chunks of fruit in there and again, you have to be careful not to tear the bread while spreading. After putting the sandwich together, take a paper tower or a napkin and wrap it around the sandwich creating a diaper for it so that if anything falls out, it will be caught and not fall into your lap. I also like a glass of milk with my PB&J so I would put a glass in the freezer to get it good and cold. It will act just like a frosty mug for beer and keep it good and cold longer than a room temperature glass.

He said that he had given over 900 interviews and asked that same question each time and that I had said 3 things that nobody else had ever said. Don't tear the bread, napkin around the sandwich and the ice cold milk.

I left feeling confident that I was going to get this job. Guess what? I didn't get the job offer.

I getting really p|ssed because I don't know what the hell these people are looking for. I have experience working in a call center, gave all good answers and still not getting hired.

Time for a couple of tall cold ones.

...sigh...
Yeah, I feel your pain. That's why I am self employed.