Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 40th reunion coming up

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post
    I'm still advocating you all go to your reunions. I didn't have a lot of friends in high school, and hardly any at all that were close. Yeah, there's plenty of people that I have no desire to see again, but there's plenty that I would like to see.
    This, I completely concur with. People have grown up, moved out of their parent's house, have learn a trade, and aren't nerds or bullies anymore...and neither are you.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I might try and crash one for the high school I should have graduated from but no way I am gong to the one I did graduate from. Honestly, if I go through my FB, I have like 3 people I even talk to from the one I graduated from and scads more from the one I should have.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    I might try and crash one for the high school I should have graduated from but no way I am gong to the one I did graduate from. Honestly, if I go through my FB, I have like 3 people I even talk to from the one I graduated from and scads more from the one I should have.
    DO IT!!

You probably only need to buy a ticket to "crash" the party. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to sell you one.

I just got home from mine last night. It was a pretty fun time. I didn't drink too much, or smoke too much, or dance too much, so I'm not hung over from anything. I stayed up waaaay later than normal but I feel surprisingly energized. We took a tour of the school which was really interesting for the history and kind of fun to see all the changes its had in the last 40 years. The main building was built in 1924. In 2006 or so they added a new building and it totally matches the main building! This link here has some really good photos of the school and grounds. Unfortunately, it's a scrolling thing on the home page.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Really wanted to go to my 20th but that was my very last weekend as a tech(Oct 2013). Was a mandatory weekend, which made quitting on the spot that much easier when the boss and I got in the final fight.

There are a lot of people I would have liked to catch up with. Wouldn't mind seeing some people from the year before and year after me as well. Definitely going to the 30th. Missed the 10th, had no money, had just moved out from living with a long term girlfriend, just had no ability to go back to that city with that much depression keeping me down. Looking back, I should have faked it for that one too.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    So I went to my 40th reunion but didn't get there until 9:45 Saturday night because I had to FRICKING WORK!!! The Boss Man didn't want to hear about plans made weeks in advance but I had a customer go down and since customer service is 24 X 7 X 365, I had to go.

Most people showed up at the Friday night mixer and then had another get together at a high-class BBQ joint (I know, kind of a contradiction in terms) on Saturday night. Anyway, I only got to spend a little over an hour with everybody so that was a real p|sser. They had a nice memorial board set up for those who had gone before us; brought a tear to my eye. My wife in on the bottom row, second from the left. Carol Boutte, lower right corner, passed away about two weeks before the reunion of pancreatic cancer.

I spent two nights with a good friend of mine who was the best man at our wedding; I was also the best man at their wedding. Drank a bunch of home-brewed beer and laughed more than I have in ages so that was good.
    Attached Images Attached Images