Thread: Sick

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Sick

So, dunno about your area but we have the plague tearing through PA like, well, a plague.

My wife brought it back from Ohio the week before last and infects us all, its horrible.

So I rest up and begin new job still feeling crappy but capable Monday. Run into some folks yesterday who are sick too. Think nothing of it.

Wake up middle of night 100% sick again. WTH?

Did I get two different flu bugs?

If I hadn't just started I swear I'd have called out the whole frikkin week.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    That sucks ass. Keep it out there, haven't seen any of it here in the middle of the state yet!
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Nope, allergies aren't even kicking in yet. Then again, it has been dry yet humid and hotter than crap

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    When you say "plague", I'm not sure what you mean. Are we talking Bubonic Plague or what? The Texas Panhandle and the Southwest get a few cases a year, but we certainly don't experience an epidemic.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    When you say "plague", I'm not sure what you mean. Are we talking Bubonic Plague or what? The Texas Panhandle and the Southwest get a few cases a year, but we certainly don't experience an epidemic.
    Just the flu. Hacking cough, lungs filled with fluid, sore throat, loss of voice, zero energy, sweating, stuffed and running nose. Super gross and unpleasant.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers View Post
    Just the flu. Hacking cough, lungs filled with fluid, sore throat, loss of voice, zero energy, sweating, stuffed and running nose. Super gross and unpleasant.
    OK, that I can relate to. About 10 years or so ago, both my wife and I had a case of the flu that lasted like 2 months. No embellishment here. When I was finally over it, I coughed up stuff and blew things out of my nose that still give me nightmares. On the other hand, we haven't taken flu shots since then, and have never had the flu again. My personal belief, unsubstantiated by any scientific evidence or theory, is that whatever we had was so nasty that our immune systems can now kick the crap out of any strain of influenza.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Sounds like captain trips

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    nothing around western pa yet. I've felt pretty good. Haven't really been hit with anything bad for a couple of years /knocksonwood