Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodnight Vienna

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    It's tough to lose a parent. Not much anyone can say makes it easier. No matter how much we all would like to make it less painless, it just takes time to get over it. All of us who have been there grieve with you.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thank you for all the nice words. Yesterday was the funeral, it was such a nice day. My brother, sister and I had time to talk about our father to everyone who came to the church service. I even managed to raise a few laughs with some stories and reflections about him. He had chosen to be interred at a natural burial site, something I never heard of before but would absolutely recommend if you were considering an alternative to a cemetery or cremation.

We walked him through the woods and laid him to rest in a beautiful setting close to the sea in Findhorn, a place where we spent a lot of happy times as a family through the years.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    That absolutely sounds great. May he Rest in Peace.

I had always thought that being planted under a big shade tree was the way to go.

BTW, due to my ignorance, I had to look up the significance of "Goodnight Vienna." It means, "It's all over."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Sorry for your loss.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Sorry I am late. I too, am sorry for your loss. I am pleased that it sounds like you all made the very best of a trying situation.