Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Price of gas

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post
    I was all happy and sh!t because I filled up for $2.11 per gallon last Thursday.

And the governor is talking about adding another tax to gasoline to help fix the roads. Because the price of gas is so low now we won't notice. Or some other idiotic bull sh!t.
    The last gas I bought was in Amarillo, Thursday, and it was $1.59. That's slightly higher than the $1.53 I could get with my grocery store discount, but still not too bad. Not as good as imarolan12's $1.37, but still OK.

When it comes to gasoline taxes, Texas hasn't had an increase in over a decade. Adjusted for inflation, the gasoline tax is currently lower that it was after the last increase. Our roads need a lot of work. But our Beloved Legislature is firmly in the "no tax increase" camp, so instead of a gasoline tax, the Lege is dipping into the state's Rainy Day Fund (officially the Texas State Economic Stability Fund) and spending a billion dollars on a one time fix. That sounds impressive, but still leaves the Texas Department of Transportation short of what it really needs to fix our problems, and doesn't address long term needs.

With the state budget running something like a $1.1 billion a year surplus, you might think we could do something a bit more proactive. Shit! We might even restore the $500 million in K-12 education cuts the Lege made 4 years ago. Younger Child had enough credits to graduate from High School in her Junior year, but state law doesn't permit that. She could drop out and get a G.E.D. , but that's sort of a stigma. So, one of the courses she is taking this year is a college credit Speech course. The class has a High School teacher who serves as a proctor for the class which is entirely online. The actual college instructor for the class reviews student performance weekly. Tell me that isn't some lame ass bullshit!
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Average price for Regular Unleaded is averaging around $1.75 per gallon within a 10 mile radius of me.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Aw, man, no brownie points for the rant?
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Ok, 2.5 brownie points for the rant.

Just paid $1.53 at the local grocery. Put $10 in. Amazing what that amount of money will get you now.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Don't worry, they will steal some more from Texas Parks and Wildlife

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Ours went up to 1.69 a gallon today.

It's too bad they don't use the tax money for stuff that it is supposed to be used for. I'd love to see where the gas tax money and all the money raised from all the lotteries is going.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Ok, 2.5 brownie points for the rant.

Just paid $1.53 at the local grocery. Put $10 in. Amazing what that amount of money will get you now.
    2.5 brownie points for the rant? Isn't that a bit Conservative?
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    It was 0.47 Per Gallon in Michigan

Turns out it was just Flint tap water !! LOL

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    It was 0.47 Per Gallon in Michigan

Turns out it was just Flint tap water !! LOL
    All that lead is bad for the catalytic converter.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Just out of curiosity, how much do you folks pay to renew your tabs?

In Wisconsin we pay higher tax at the pump but our tabs are cheaper. I know MN for instance, the tabs could be upwards of several 100 dollars depending on what you are driving but gas is cheaper there.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."