Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Price of gas

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    I saw 2.09 this weekend which is about .40 more than its lowest. I wonder where it will top out?
    who knows. Around here the gas prices put shale drilling all but out of business. Now that natural gas prices are high and demand low and no longer a real threat (at least right now) gas / oil prices will climb....

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...soften-on-iran

Just after the election too. I suppose when the glut is over and the price of gas goes back up at the pump we can blame Trump and reminisce about how Obama waved a magic wand to make gas cheap so he was the greatest president evar!!!!11!
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I like how the article headling is that people are confounded.
    Being in an area that started to boom with Natural Gas and the marcellus shale, I saw this coming from miles and miles and miles away.
    Oil prices were high and we were getting slammed at the gas pumps so in swoops the natural gas and fracking industry. Right as that takes off and things start to boom (even in my small town) oil prices drop and we see prices at the pump we hadn't seen in like 15 years....Natural gas development slows, jobs are lost, driling and leasing companies start bailing and the fire is essentially extinguished....which is where we our now....and guess what.....oil prices are going to go back up....SHOCKER.....

they'll get a couple of years out of this before nat gas starts picking up again and or other alternative energy sources and then we'll see another drastic price drop......

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I just found the timing odd. OPEC ramps up production 8 years ago. Decides to ramp it down 8 years later. I wonder what event happened 8 years ago. Hmmm.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I just found the timing odd. OPEC ramps up production 8 years ago. Decides to ramp it down 8 years later. I wonder what event happened 8 years ago. Hmmm.
    Ya a complete mystery why OPEC would want to crush the Fracking industry and the Oil sands in North America.

But let's blame Obama

In other right wing news

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Why would OPEC worry about crushing oil sands and fracking at great expense when the person elected was against it? It seems like wasted money, unless you are trying to control the world economy and the largest consumer. I thought the GOP was all about oil. If you want to cripple the drilling and the thirst for oil, do it when the party of oil is in charge. Remember, the GOP was the war for oil party?

You got it backwards jack.
    Last edited by Larommi; 12-01-2016 at 05:04 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    So Obama Made OPEC pump more oil ?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    So Obama Made OPEC pump more oil ?

No, I never said that. In fact I never blamed Obama or put any of this on him. You ASSumed I did because that is what bitches like you do. I simply stated I felt that OPEC and the Saudies were trying to influence our foreign policy through economic measures via oil prices. Got it, bitch?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    No, I never said that. In fact I never blamed Obama or put any of this on him. You ASSumed I did because that is what bitches like you do. I simply stated I felt that OPEC and the Saudies were trying to influence our foreign policy through economic measures via oil prices. Got it, bitch?
    No No No Sir you stated 8 years ago alining your statment with the election of Obama, You also alined your statment by claiming the GOP was the party of OIL and you flat out said this

"Just after the election too. I suppose when the glut is over and the price of gas goes back up at the pump we can blame Trump and reminisce about how Obama waved a magic wand to make gas cheap so he was the greatest president evar!!!!11!"

Now you start with the person insults because you are caught by your own statements.

So back to the question - Are you blaming Obama for the Oil industry taking a hit in North America ?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yeah, I said that quote because that is what the left told us for most of the last 8 years. "Obama is great because gas is cheaper than it was when he took office." "Obama fixed the economy and that is why gas is cheap."

OPEC made gas cheap, and now that they are turning off the spigots, the same people will now say,"Trump sucks because gas prices went up"

Now why OPEC ramped up production is questionable. I never said it was Obama. You did. You brought him up in the context of blame. I just pointed out it coincided with his election. I don't know if you know this but OPEC has more influence on us than we do on them. We can ask for them to turn off the spigots but we cannot make them. This was all their doing.
    Last edited by Larommi; 12-02-2016 at 05:08 PM.