Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Access Database help

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus View Post
    Was driving home and realized where I went wrong with making the field a numeric one. Derp. Thanks again. Now off to get my Excel/PowerPivot updated to 64bit now that this table is over 2.1 million rows as of this morning.

Yeah, our whole team has screamed ourselves horse telling them that Access is not the solution that they are looking for. Maybe if oil prices go back up we will get some money to do this correctly.
    Maybe, but my experience has been that screwed up, inadequate, and clumsy solutions tend to persist over time, and money is simply not the root of the problem. An astounding number of people just can't handle change at all. I still have clients running DOS based applications that only run on current operating systems courtesy of VMWare, so don't hold your breath.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Maybe, but my experience has been that screwed up, inadequate, and clumsy solutions tend to persist over time, and money is simply not the root of the problem.
    Sometimes.
    But being in the development field I see how many times management simply doesn't see or want to acknowledge that using old, bad solutions that have hacks over hacks over hacks and throwing money at fixing issues is significantly more expensive than re-writing from the scratch.