Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    You can install Win7ProSP3 OEM
    When was SP3 released??? Or SP2????

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I upgraded my desktop, an i7 with 16gb memory and dual video cards, and it killed my performance. I ran it for a couple of weeks before reverting back. After reverting my performance was top notch again. I'm not sure what they did but I tried several of the tips to correct it. But why should you have to turn everything off that was running fine on 7? It also would not install on my two AMD processor computers, none of the fixes worked either. I did put it on an old celeron dual core that just runs my cameras and it works okay on it. It was mostly the mouse lag that drove me crazy, and the file copy time was ridiculous. I also think they did something to slow down Chrome because it worked much slower than the Edge browser, but they both sucked.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by edball View Post
    I upgraded my desktop, an i7 with 16gb memory and dual video cards, and it killed my performance. I ran it for a couple of weeks before reverting back. After reverting my performance was top notch again. I'm not sure what they did but I tried several of the tips to correct it. But why should you have to turn everything off that was running fine on 7? It also would not install on my two AMD processor computers, none of the fixes worked either. I did put it on an old celeron dual core that just runs my cameras and it works okay on it. It was mostly the mouse lag that drove me crazy, and the file copy time was ridiculous. I also think they did something to slow down Chrome because it worked much slower than the Edge browser, but they both sucked.
    Sounds strange. I have to say that I'm really confused, because I'm not encountering these kinds of issues. I guess the closest thing I've seen involves a client running Firefox 44.0.2. She normally has anywhere from 30 something to like 50 tabs open, and she normally leaves the browser open overnight. She experiences frequent hangs and crashes, but they only seem to have started after she updated from Firefox 43.whatever to the current release.

It's also one of those problems that I can't fricking replicate. I disabled hardware acceleration in Firefox, but have to wait and see what happens. I had a support guy earlier today, try and tell me that a problem with their software not updating was due the fact that she is running Win10 Home, instead of Pro, but I think the fact was he really had no clue. Guess these days $5, 000 for a piece of software just doesn't get you the support it used to. Turns out that the problem is almost certainly an ATT issue, and they are replacing her phone line and modem tomorrow.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I think it is something with DX. Not sure, I have never ran dual cards, but I am an online gamer and have heard of this issue before.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    I think it is something with DX. Not sure, I have never ran dual cards, but I am an online gamer and have heard of this issue before.
    That might be it. Sometimes it's fine and I turned off some features that improved the performance. I just was running out of time to revert so I did it before I passed the point of no return.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Has anyone done an enterprise level upgrade? It would be interesting to know how that went. I retired a few years ago so I'm out of the loop but I can imagine pulling my hair out when 400-500 pc's were downloading the update and then having to work out all the issues with an assortment of devices.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Has anyone done an enterprise level upgrade? It would be interesting to know how that went. I retired a few years ago so I'm out of the loop but I can imagine pulling my hair out when 400-500 pc's were downloading the update and then having to work out all the issues with an assortment of devices.
    we're going to find out shortly .......

I just put win10 on the new image for the new plant I'm opening next week and I started telling people that they could go ahead and do the upgrade since our design software now supports 10....should be fun

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    FYI, if you have any old TechNet Win7 installs laying around on spare drives, cash those suckers in.

I did this with my wife's computer. I had replaced her hard drive with a SSD and had to use a non-legit copy of Win7 in the mean time. The previous TechNet release of Win7 was no longer valid after reinstall and could not be registered again (MS killed many of the keys when they discontinued TechNet previews). So, when Win10 was released, I put the old drive back in and BOOM, it was eligible for Win10 upgrade. So I completed the upgrade process and registered the machine. Swapped out the hard drive for the SSD and reinstalled Win10. Machine is now successfully registered and legit.

Just thought I would pass along the tip!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Well Hell! M$, in their infinite wisdom, decided to Update to Win10 on its own. I never told it to do that! I was very happy with my Win8.1!

It took almost 4 hours with all of the restarts, etc. And now, I'm on Win10. Wonderful. NOT!!!

It deleted, on its own, some programs that it determined were not compatible with Win10. WTF!!!

One of my primary clients uses a version of VMWare that is not compatible with Win10 yet.

Again, I never gave it permission to update to Win10. But evidently, if you have Updates set to Automatically Install, it will go ahead and Update to Win10 without your permission. What a royal crock!!!

I can see major litigation coming out of this fiasco from other users such as me.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    I can see major litigation coming out of this fiasco from other users such as me.
    Ummm.. nope. Refer to the EULA...
    6. Updates. The softwareperiodically checks for system and app updates, and downloads and installs them for you. You may obtain updates only from Microsoft or authorized sources, and Microsoft may need to update your system to provide you with those updates. By accepting this agreement, you agree to receive these types of automatic updates without any additional notice.