Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So Who's Upgraded to Win10?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    For what it's worth, I just hit my first snag with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. It broke Quickbooks Enterprise 11 for one of my clients. Not only would it not run, but I was also unable to reinstall the software. It hung at about the 10 or 15% mark. Perhaps a newer version of this software might have worked, but when my client bought it the first time around it was about $2400, so it was way cheaper to remove the Anniversary Update.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I just purchased an HP laptop for my daughter for university. It was so full of cr*pware from HP and Microsoft that rather than clean it up it was easier to re-install a clean OS without all the sh**.

Windows 10, just horrible.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
    I just purchased an HP laptop for my daughter for university. It was so full of cr*pware from HP and Microsoft that rather than clean it up it was easier to re-install a clean OS without all the sh**.

Windows 10, just horrible.
    Yeah, if you buy a Big Name computer (laptop or otherwise) you get a bunch of junkware. I guess that's how they differentiate their brand when basically, on comparable models, all the hardware is virtually identical.

Personally, I've been very pleased with Win10, and so have most of my clients. I rolled back one installation to Win7 due to performance issues with some very obscure tax software, but I'm extremely pleased with Win10 and the Anniversary Update also.

Today, I just found my second application that the anniversary update breaks: WordPerfect X3. Unlikely to be an issue for most folks, I think.

Still, if you have an issue with the anniversary update, you can download the Windows Update Troubleshooter and use it to hide the update.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...troubleshooter

Using the tool is pretty simple, just remember that the tool only checks installed updates, so run it before removing the anniversary update. I know this seems obvious, but I can assure you that to at least a couple of people I know, it wasn't. If in doubt, check out youtube.

Also, be aware that you only have 10 days to remove the anniversary update and revert to your previous version of Windows.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!