Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Years Eve plans?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

New Years Eve plans?

I used to make plans, BK. Even after, we would sometimes make plans to at least celebrate at home with snacks and sparkling drinks. This year, meh. It's not too late to get some sparkling drinks and a few snacks. But I can't even stay awake past 10 any more. And of course I'm awake at or before 5. So what's the point?

So what are your plans?
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    My wife normally falls over and starts snoring around 10 pm as well. YC, may go visit GFs, but she hasn't said. Me? I always stay up to see in the new year, but this time I may be on my knees praying that 2016 doesn't suck as much as 2015.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Gonna head over to a friend's house and BBQ and watch fireworks from his place. He has a high vantage over San Antonio and that town goes CRAZY on New Year's Eve, or any reason for that matter, with fireworks! And the BIG ones too! I have always liked NYE and the celebrations. Hell, I even got married on NYE. This would have been out 26th anniversary.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    We go to a friend's place on NYE, just east of downtown. Like Jaxson, we can watch the downtown fireworks. Plus we get to play fireworks or gunshots since it is such a wonderful side of town(are East sides ever the nice side?) Probably play board games, mario kart, eat too much, drink too much.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    YC (6yearsold) will be asleep, OC (15yearold)will be out. Think I will have some fun with the wife and then start on rebuilding the snowblower.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Gonna head over to a friend's house and BBQ and watch fireworks from his place. He has a high vantage over San Antonio and that town goes CRAZY on New Year's Eve, or any reason for that matter, with fireworks! And the BIG ones too! I have always liked NYE and the celebrations. Hell, I even got married on NYE. This would have been out 26th anniversary.
    Love SA lots! But this year, we are just getting ready to go to Chi Town on the third to see OC graduate from boot camp. Hell, the whole trip really won't cost much more than the down payment on a Tesla S, so I'm eager!

BBQ sounds great, but up here it's going to be in the twenties and thirties, so I think I'll take a pass on firing up the pit. Have I ever mentioned how much the Texas Panhandle sucks compared to Central Texas? Hell! It is damn near as miserable as living in Houston
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    We are getting together with two other couples. Nothing complicated - just playing games at one couple's house. Lot of snack food and such. My brother is in Michigan this week. Since our parents are going out on NYE, he is going to come up here (two hour drive) and go out with us on NYE and then Friday we will see Star Wars. I think I have seen every Star Wars with him in the theater except for Empire and Jedi because he was away in college.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    One of my best friends lives literally 10 houses away and he's having a party tonight. Just beer and fireworks, nothing complicated. It's even downhill afterwards!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Since my heart attack last month, I am taking it pretty easy. Will probably be asleep by 10-10:30 PM. So exciting!

I really don't mind. I have participated in enough New Year's foolishness to last (and shorten) a lifetime.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Love SA lots! But this year, we are just getting ready to go to Chi Town on the third to see OC graduate from boot camp. Hell, the whole trip really won't cost much more than the down payment on a Tesla S, so I'm eager!

BBQ sounds great, but up here it's going to be in the twenties and thirties, so I think I'll take a pass on firing up the pit. Have I ever mentioned how much the Texas Panhandle sucks compared to Central Texas? Hell! It is damn near as miserable as living in Houston
    Have you never BBQ's in the snow or freezing weather? It's lots of fun! Especially after midnight.