Donate

Coffee with Obama

It's not about the politico...just about something funny to watch:

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee...._campaign=S7E1

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I watched it and it made me laugh, which is a pretty good thing given how not funny politics are right now, Ya_Know?
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    That was really good. Thanks for sharing.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    That show is hit and miss with me. That one was a miss. Had nothing to do with Obama. I watch those for the cars and to be amused. It was just a candid interview. Meh.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    That show is hit and miss with me. That one was a miss. Had nothing to do with Obama. I watch those for the cars and to be amused. It was just a candid interview. Meh.
    kinda feel the same way. The ricky gervais one might be my favorite ever.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    kinda feel the same way. The ricky gervais one might be my favorite ever.
    I am one of the few people in my peer group that likes Jimmy Fallon. I liked him on SNL, took me a few months to warm up to him hosting the Tonight Show because he tries way too hard to be everyone's buddy. I liked the Bill Burr episode as well, but currently Bill Burr is my absolute favorite comedian so that is a bit biased.

For the record, I really don't like Jerry, I don't think he is that funny. But...he surrounds himself with some very talented people, so I give him credit for being smart. I never watched his TV show to see what he was up too, it was always about what George, Elaine and Kramer were up too.
    Last edited by Larommi; 01-06-2016 at 02:50 AM.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    I am one of the few people in my peer group that likes Jimmy Fallon. I liked him on SNL, took me a few months to warm up to him hosting the Tonight Show because he tries way too hard to be everyone's buddy. I liked the Bill Burr episode as well, but currently Bill Burr is my absolute favorite comedian so that is a bit biased.

For the record, I really don't like Jerry, I don't think he is that funny. But...he surrounds himself with some very talented people, so I give him credit for being smart. I never watched his TV show to see what he was up too, it was always about what George, Elaine and Kramer were up too.
    I don't really like Jimmy Fallon either, I think it's a oppositional reaction because he's so beloved that I am instantly like "eff him"
    I agree completely on Jerry. You hit the nail on the head there.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    I don't really like Jimmy Fallon either, I think it's a oppositional reaction because he's so beloved that I am instantly like "eff him"
    I agree completely on Jerry. You hit the nail on the head there.
    I think Fallon is extremely talented and very funny. But his style of humor never translated well to a talk show. His bits on the show are great, but I kind of miss interviews.

Johnny Carson re-runs have started on MeTV. I might check them out. I loved him growing up.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Carson had such a dominance over his guests...didn't matter who you were, if you were on the tonight show with Carson, you were nervous. But it was a respectful enough dominance and control that allowed him to be so entertaining. Where ai agree, Fallon try's to appease everyone, he shows no leadership, it's almost like he's a puppet. I love his humor, just can't stand him as the tonight show host.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    yeah, I can see that. he could make you or break you after 1 appearance. That would make me nervous as well.