Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Technical Question - Gasp! A technical question on this site?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Just ran across this while cleaning my email, tech support for family...

techsupport.jpg
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I appreciate all of your additional input but I am done with this laptop. It's slow but reloading Windows took away all of the unexpected crashes. She can either live with it being slow or she can buy a new one. It's time for me to get back to my own life.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Maybe it works fine until the updates install? A monkey wrench if you will. My curiosity would not let me quit. At least test the drive and let us know.......

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    I appreciate all of your additional input but I am done with this laptop. It's slow but reloading Windows took away all of the unexpected crashes. She can either live with it being slow or she can buy a new one. It's time for me to get back to my own life.
    Don't blame you.

Here is the thread I started in a similar problem. http://www.formatandreload.com/forum...7-lag-unusable
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    ... I am done with this laptop. ... It's time for me to get back to my own life.
    That's what happens when you do tech support for family. I can't blame you a bit. I recently refurbished a laptop that was destined for the recycle facility and gave it to my broke ass sister. It's a dog, was made for XP, the battery doesn't charge and sister (given the choice) wanted Vista installed. But hey, what do you want for free, right?

You can still pat yourself on the back for being kind hearted.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post
    sister (given the choice) wanted Vista installed. But hey, what do you want for free, right?

You can still pat yourself on the back for being kind hearted.
    Patting yourself on the back mostly just gets you a sore shoulder and back. I just went through a similar event with a friend who replaced a motherboard in his computer and I said, "Hey, let's install Windows 7 on this machine now!" And his response was well "I really like Vista." How many times do you hear someone say that?

Fine, the system has basic functionality, but sticking a new motherboard in an older machine running Vista mostly means that performance will still be substandard due to driver issues. Now, he kinda wants Win10, but it isn't a free (let alone painless) upgrade from Vista. oh well.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    A so called friend once pulled up in the car park of a golf club where we were playing that weekend, but instead of his clubs he got out his PC and brought it over to my car. That was the moment I stopped doing this cr*p for friends and family.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
    A so called friend once pulled up in the car park of a golf club where we were playing that weekend, but instead of his clubs he got out his PC and brought it over to my car. That was the moment I stopped doing this cr*p for friends and family.
    I feel your pain, but I have no problem charging my friends, but it is a little difficult to say "no" to my wife and kids.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    I feel your pain, but I have no problem charging my friends, but it is a little difficult to say "no" to my wife and kids.
    Ya but the wife can make it up in OTHER WAYS.